Load Manager Error Load Timeout

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 24 2020 1:30 PM (20 replies)
  • jasontm01
    3 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 8:09 AM

Load Manager Error Load Timeout

Timed out waiting for asset to load yadda yadda yadda .zlib

These keep coming up regardless of what I do. Delete cookies, play around with flash, close every single other application (I am on brand new Macbook Pro with world class wifi) etc. Downloaded Firefox and Flash plugin (which was worse, would not even load game client).

The advice about this issue, that I can see, is dated 2013 and is recommending Chrome v30. I have Chrome v81!

I even downloaded the mobile app and I just stared at the spinning circle for ages and gave up on that - never even loaded

This must be a wgt issue?!? Suggestions?

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 8:55 AM

As a stab in the dark, change your profile picture to one of the default WGT avatars....

Infinito3010

• jasontm01
    3 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 9:05 AM

Thanks for the tip. I will try it, but this problem was happening before I changed it. I only changed it because I got bored having to wait between shots...

• DanC2807
    946 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 4:33 PM

HOPEing you can help me too, Scott!  Having the same problem the last couple of nights but ONLY when playing multi-player games and ONLY with the flash version. I've played lots of rounds the last two days single player.  Not a single issue.

When me and couple of my CC friends switched last night to the new version, not one problem.  Problem is, we hate (so far) the NV.  It was only happening on my end and only with the flash game ... we couldn't even get through one hole.   This message kept coming up:

Timed out waiting for asset to load: https://sdms.wgt.com/upload/2020/2/u287693_20200225_114012.jpg

Retry load?

any suggestions would be SO appreciated..... Thank you, Scott!

Dan

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 1:52 AM

Hello Dan, that asset is one of your friends avatar pictures. Maybe try a different browser.

I get that problem in Maxthon myself, but not in Chrome or Edge.

• DanC2807
    946 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 6:37 AM

Thanks for trying Scott... NO luck.  This is painful.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 6:53 AM

Maybe try getting your friend to upload another image for his avatar, then if that works, re-upload his previous one.

• DanC2807
    946 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 7:25 AM

One of my friends did upload a different picture.  Still didn't work.  In fact, it hasn't worked no matter WHO I tried a multiplayer game with.  

I tried Google Chrome  and  Flash wouldn't install with that browser.   

I'm in a real pickle here having World Cup match to play this week and down the road.

Plus, the NV sucks so badly right now, I can't really expect a friend or opponent in the WC to play on that version.   My oppo this week doesn't even have the NV installed yet.

WHY would an opponent's profile pic have anything to do with the gameplay loading??

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 7:46 AM

DanC2807:

One of my friends did upload a different picture.  Still didn't work.  In fact, it hasn't worked no matter WHO I tried a multiplayer game with.  

I'm in a real pickle here having World Cup match to play this week and down the road.

Plus, the NV sucks so badly right now, I can't really expect a friend or opponent in the WC to play on that version.   My oppo this week doesn't even have the NV installed yet.

WHY would an opponent's profile pic have anything to do with the gameplay loading??

I use Opera on mine. I have an older version of Maxthon, which I have updating turned off in the task Manager, I also deleted the MXUP(Update.EXE) in the program folder.

Opera had been working fine until the last week,

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 8:22 AM

DanC2807:

Chrome is a bit of a resource hog, but if your PC runs it okay then you can enable flash by clicking the ⓘ at the left end of the address bar and allowing flash from the drop down menu. Or if flash isn't listed there, click site settings at the bottom and allow flash in the site permissions list.

RSS