Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 4/15/20 ***

Sat, May 9 2020 4:13 PM (58 replies)
  • NicNac19
    3,927 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 9:19 PM

Thank you SO much Scott from a grateful Bushwacker. Been pissed off for 3 days.

Updated 4/17/20; 8:23 PM PST
  • ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 1:42 AM

Thank you Nic.  ; )

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 3:03 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

ScottHope:
    The 100% that you type into the first dimension box represents the width of the post area. So if you want your picture to take up half the width of the post area, type in 50%.

Another magic! Worked for me, too. :-) I don't know why but I had to type in 450 for it to be properly displayed though. What the heck! It worked and that's all it counts. LOL Thanks, Scott! You da man!

Yankee Jim said several years ago in a post I read to change it to :450. Yes Jim we do listen to your great advice.

Usually, I do Trophies at :250 X :250

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 5:07 AM

Whilst I have the utmost respect for Jim, putting in a 100% value for the width of an image does have an advantage over a unit value ie, 450px.

If your post (and image) get quoted, the 100% value ensures that your image will not exceed the size of the quote element, because the percent value refers to the container that the image sits in, not the size of the image itself.

Try it yourself. Post a picture with a width of 100%, then quote that post in a reply, you will see that the image is smaller even though it still has a width attribute of 100%.

Posting images on profile walls is an even better reason for using 100% because wall posts are quite small.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 6:24 AM

ScottHope:
    putting in a 100% value for the width of an image does have an advantage over a unit value ie, 450px.

Is this a result of the latest snafu or has it always been this way? In other words, can you just put that 100% figure in all the time?

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 7:18 AM

The edit image has always been this way and I think most browsers will accept a % value. The insert media dialogue will not accept a % value, so no point in trying that.

The very confusing thing is that the edit image procedure creates a different attribute than the insert media dialogue box.

The insert media dialogue adds a style attribute to the image, whereas the edit image procedure adds a width and or a height attribute to the image. All of these attributes apply dimension styling to the image, but the width and height attributes (added by the edit image procedure) take precedence over the style attribute.

It's perfectly understandable to me why people get confused when they try to size their images as there are too many different attributes being applied by different methods.

And now WGT has made it even more confusing by changing something that is causing some attributes to be stripped out of the HTML when our messages are posted.

• Doc58
    6,365 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 8:23 AM

These are some other things I am experiencing. I know some of these have already been mentioned.

Can't see friends list from any Club pages.

Can't play any tournaments from Club Tourney page, even if you have already entered them. Have to manually open the game client and play from there.

Can't play single hole the traditional way from the WGT course list. Keep getting unexpected error.

It has been a few days since the last downtime. It would be nice if someone from WGT would at least acknowledge that these errors exist, and that they will be looked into and fixed.

At the moment, it's like we have to piece scraps of things together ourselves, just to get what used to be automatic functions to work so we can play on the site.

Doc

• Doc58
    6,365 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 8:59 AM

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 9:27 AM

Doc58:
    Can't play single hole the traditional way from the WGT course list. Keep getting unexpected error.

Are you sure it's not on your end? I can play a single hole the traditional way with no problems and I can play in a tournament from the tournament page. And the friends list is not available on the CC main page because they made that page a secure page and your friends list is not available on a secure page. 

• Doc58
    6,365 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 9:41 AM

I might be buddy. I could do all these things before the downtime though. I use an older version of Maxthon for my browser because it has always worked great with WGT. That may be the problem. I will look into it with another browser.

Thanks,

Doc

RSS