Help › Forums

Putter Pal Pop-up

Wed, May 6 2020 2:17 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JamieBurrell
    5 Posts
    Wed, Apr 15 2020 5:52 AM

Hi All, 

I hope everyone is well. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and knows how to get rid of it. 

Every time I come to my first putt it comes up with a message about putting power which covers most of the cup. The only way I can get rid of it is to put and not press anything and then change the view twice.

• Mako88sb
    3 Posts
    Wed, Apr 15 2020 9:04 AM

You can shut it off in the options/video menu

• JamieBurrell
    5 Posts
    Wed, Apr 15 2020 12:16 PM

Where?

I don't want to turn the putter pal off. I just want to stop it with the pop-up text box. It also says about the chat and view profile everytime. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 3:44 AM

JamieBurrell:

Where?

I don't want to turn the putter pal off. I just want to stop it with the pop-up text box. It also says about the chat and view profile everytime. 

I am assuming you are on mobile, or are playing on the new desktop version. Either way go to settings by tapping or clicking on the gear icon on the bottom right of the screen., choose video. The putting power reminder is the 4th thing in the video settings. Tap or click it to turn it off. 

• KennyDC70
    20 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 9:34 PM

borntobesting:

I am assuming you are on mobile, or are playing on the new desktop version. Either way go to settings by tapping or clicking on the gear icon on the bottom right of the screen., choose video. The putting power reminder is the 4th thing in the video settings. Tap or click it to turn it off. 

I believe what he (and many of us on mobile) is asking is whether there is any way to keep the power reminder (green stripe), but eliminate the absolutely infuriating, often hole-blocking 'THIS IS YOUR SUGGESTED POWER' box that comes with it? That should pop up on the first 5 or 10 uses (or in hack tier), not on every single putt ever IMO.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 8:22 PM

KennyDC70:

borntobesting:

I believe what he (and many of us on mobile) is asking is whether there is any way to keep the power reminder (green stripe), but eliminate the absolutely infuriating, often hole-blocking 'THIS IS YOUR SUGGESTED POWER' box that comes with it? That should pop up on the first 5 or 10 uses (or in hack tier), not on every single putt ever IMO.

That only comes up in practice rounds. They don't count for anything.

Play ranked rounds and that won't come up

• JamieBurrell
    5 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 5:55 AM

This is exactly what I mean.. 

It comes up when I'm playing Head-to-head and it's super annoying.. I want to keep the green bit but hate the pop-up's.. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 10:23 AM

JamieBurrell:

This is exactly what I mean.. 

It comes up when I'm playing Head-to-head and it's super annoying.. I want to keep the green bit but hate the pop-up's.. 

You can't separate them. If you want the pop-up gone you will have to learn how hard to hit the putts without the green reminder, 

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 9:37 AM

I have found that when this thing pops up I switch from the putter to a wedge and then back again and that pop up over the meter goes away.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2020 7:37 PM

For all the people saying to go into options and turn it off ... this cannot be turned off in options.
    They are not talking about putter pal or the green “putting power” tip but rather that there is an actual additional “how to” pop up coming up on their screens explaining that you need to click to stop the power bar on the ding line. 
    I have also heard other players mention about similar pop ups showing “how to” initiate Chat and see your opponents profile (apparel/stats/equipment)

To me it sounds like some kind of glitch (maybe with the latest upgrades) that is not disabling these pop ups once a player advances past the Hack level.

Jamie Burrell and anyone else experiencing this, your best approach would be to take screen shots of these issues and send them into WGT Customer Service and also post the issue with screen shots in the “Bug Log” forum. I don’t think it is anything that you have done or setup improperly and cannot be removed with any of the options available in the game.

• PAGES
RSS