Forums

Help › Forums

WGT is now available on Steam Early Access!

Tue, May 12 2020 11:50 AM (75 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 6:18 PM

Wutpa:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Congressional, Oakmont or The Olympic Club are available where you indicated.

You are correct. My oversight. But I do believe that more than 400 available courses which includes Augusta, plus 18 hole versions of the WGT CTTH courses more than makes up for those missing three.

In regard to the graphics issue you mention, did you go to the SETTINGS and up the resolution? 

Also, the f3 key will provide a streaming fly over of any hole and the f2 key will provide an instant view of the green.  

Good day.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 6:27 PM

BogeyOne:

kavvz:

I do recall that game Lol.  Seems people who jumped over there didn't stay very long.  he he

The game you are referring to is Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf. 

Nope, wasn't referring to that one.

Something something golf club if I recall...

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 7:00 PM

I have downloaded Steam, created account, logged in to wgt. 

But, I don't have cursor slide bar on very many screens.  I do when picking a "Game Mode," but not after I click on either "event calendar" (then "stroke play") or "country club tournaments."  I only get the first page of those latter two and no way I can see to get to the rest of the strokeplay events or club tourneys.  No slide bar.  PageDwn doesn't work.  

What am I missing?

Thanks

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 7:38 PM

AlaskanDame:

But, I don't have cursor slide bar on very many screens.  I do when picking a "Game Mode," but not after I click on either "event calendar" (then "stroke play") or "country club tournaments."  I only get the first page of those latter two and no way I can see to get to the rest of the strokeplay events or club tourneys.  No slide bar.  PageDwn doesn't work.  

What am I missing?

Thanks

Have you tried using your mouse's scroll wheel?

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 10:01 PM
    dedBuNNy:

VAC only does so much at the best of times.

WGT should do their best to thwart the ability to run the game in 'windowed' mode or alter output resolutions.

In fact they'd be advised to implement that feature as their own AC. If the launch script detects that it is not running in full screen mode, no border, or game window output is being interfered with, then that account should be banned.

Full screen mode puts more pressure on graphics and steam isn,t the most computer friendly platform as it is.
  • AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 10:08 PM
    Wutpa:

AlaskanDame:

What am I missing?

Thanks

Have you tried using your mouse's scroll wheel?

Nope. But I'll try that if I ever load Steam again . . . thanks for the idea.
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Apr 15 2020 1:32 AM

Imagine you are using a touch screen AlaskanDame and your mouse cursor is your finger. Plonk it (cursor) on the screen, hold the left mouse button down, then swipe it up or down.

• newcigarz
    18 Posts
    Wed, Apr 15 2020 2:20 AM

I was pleasantly surprised how this plays on my Mac. It will be a bit of an adjustment, but overall I liked it.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Apr 15 2020 4:23 AM

Tigerpaw509:

Steam EA is same as the PC early access.Already had steam platform so took few minutes to setup and the game is the same as the PC EA no difference.

Perfect Parallel sucked and the 10,000 different options made ut even worst.

There are a couple of difference but not in game play. The differences are there is no free credits button. No spinner for coins, and no scratchers for coins. 

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Apr 15 2020 5:47 AM

BTB is correct, there is no spinner.  Just played a game through steam, works fine.

Only settings are Steam settings, which I have sitting at default.  I have a 22 inch wide screen monitor and normal resolution is 1600x900 and I run the game in fullscreen, per WGT settings and 16x9 and at 1360x768 WGT settings. 

Yes some screens, such as friends do not have a slide bar on the right,  press and hold the left mouse button in a blank area to the right of the friends pictures.  Between using the scroll that way and the scroll button on the mouse you can see them all.  Worked this same way with the launcher PCEA.  If you need to be running in windowed mode, set that through either Steam or WGT.  But the only reason I can think why you would want it that way is to run other programs, which will probably get you banned anyway.  If you look at the default settings, steam guard is on by default, DO NOT DISABLE IT, it is there for your protection. Disable it and expect to see days ban, unlike a VAC ban which is permanent.

Something else you will find.  When clicking the x to close Steam, it doesn't actually close, it just closes the Steam window, you must go down to the taskbar and right click the steam icon and select exit for it to totally shut down.  My icon is hidden under the arrow over on the right by the date.  Otherwise Steam will still be running in the back ground.

Oh, btw, it works just fine on this emachine dual core running 64bit windows 7 sp1.  But I do have a GTX570 GPU in it.  WEI is at 5.9

RSS