Forums

Help › Forums

Driving Range

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 13 2020 9:22 AM (7 replies)
  • Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2020 5:06 AM

I’m sure this has been requested before, but how about a 500 yard flat fairway with no wind so we can map our clubs better?

Have a tee right up to the fairway for tee mapping and then a chip from the tee to the fairway to start fairway mapping. Several cuts of rough beside the fairway along the way. Several bunkers beside the fairway along the way. Green side bunkers of various lies, so on and so forth. And there wouldn't be a need for a license from a real course to do this. 

edit. Just saw this was the first item requested on the sticky above. Let’s make this simple request happen folks... 

• alpenpirat
    1,123 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2020 6:47 AM

this question we had over 1000 times ago here. 

take practice rounds with mulligan and you can fin out how your clubs are working

in practical terms, it doesn't work either

# every course has different requirements

# what ball you play with

# spin has a huge impact

# It doesn't always have to be down spin.

# there are tee hits where you can forget the spin

# and try topspin, you will be surprised

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2020 7:46 AM

Thank you alpenpirat. I am aware of all your bullet points and many more variables not mentioned.

My current set up is fully mapped from driving all the way down to a 2 yrd chip. It takes me around 40 hours and 8 sleeves of balls to it it correctly. 

If I were to decide to change balls, the entire process would start all over again.

Question still remains: Why hasn’t a practice range been implemented yet?

• alpenpirat
    1,123 Posts
    Sat, Apr 11 2020 11:12 AM

Tony08888:

Why hasn’t a practice range been implemented yet?

is obvious. All actions that are otherwise difficult to find together can be dealt with in a short section.

• alpenpirat
    1,123 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2020 3:32 AM

as a driving ranche i can recommend the first tee from the black page course 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2020 5:46 AM

If you play on mobile or PCEA, you can go to TopGolf Scottsdale Driving Range via Game Modes.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 8:22 AM

alpenpirat:

Not a good idea that one, the 1st is elevated, try the 10th or 11th or the 1st at Kiawah. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 9:22 AM

andwhy67:

alpenpirat:

Not a good idea that one, the 1st is elevated, try the 10th or 11th or the 1st at Kiawah. 

+ 1

Thats what I use is Kiawah #1

RSS