Need advice - dealing with verbally aggressive players

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 12 2020 1:56 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Moolawatana
    1 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 7:30 PM

Hi,

I need advice from Wood4Woody. As a high level and well-respected member of the WGT players' guild, he can help me with this.

Today I played a high level player from the UK who greeted with me a long and all CAPITAL letters message. First he summarised my low number of ranked games, that I had not played one in 6 months and then proceeded to call me 'another plastic legend in the making' before calling me a troll. They then ignored any of my congratulations on their excellent shots.

I could not help notice the irony of a message like that ending with an accusation of troll. Either way, Wood4Woody, you are a man with the motto "Life is not about chasing the Sun, it's learning to dance in the rain....", so you are the epitome of cool, calm and respectful interaction with players more lowly ranked than yourself. Your advice is therefore needed.

What would you advise I should do about that player? 

Looking forward to your reply (or anyone else's).

Best wishes in these difficult times,   

Moolawatana

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 8:46 AM

Block and move on, and remember that an insult from a fool is a compliment.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 9:26 AM

Best advice is to just ignore them.  Maybe give them a little "Ha Ha" or "LOL" reply but other than that best not to even respond. 

Honestly their goal is to get you to engage with them and get mad/frustrated ... that's the whole reason that they say crap to start with, to rattle you and throw you off your game because you focus on them and their words rather than playing the game.

If you feel it is over the top and racist or derogatory the only real thing you can do is take a few screen shots and forward them to Customer Service and they may receive a suspension or ban.

Also if you do end up beating them in the match I find the best REVENGE is to throw shade at them and generally annoy by immediately sending a FRIEND request. I also employ this tactic when ever someone "takes their ball and goes home" by Timeout & Reconnect Forfeiting!!

• Gepetto1958
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 9:59 AM

MarchieB:
    Also if you do end up beating them in the match I find the best REVENGE is to throw shade at them and generally annoy by immediately sending a FRIEND request. I also employ this tactic when ever someone "takes their ball and goes home" by Timeout & Reconnect Forfeiting!!

It sounds like my car tactics when someone is rude to me; I send him kisses by the window Notice that after he is even more furious lol

• theshortdriver
    138 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 3:26 PM

There are lots of Mouth pieces on this site and not a lot we can do about those..Simple minded poor sports who think they are tough but are in the big picture ..Wimps..all you can do is not say a word back to them as it only gives them more.. Ammo..to keep their trashy mouth going..the best thing to do is to concentrate more at the task at hand and beat them in the round..that is if they do not quit on ya first ..they are in the big picture only words those idiot's type and cannot hurt ya unless you let it ..and its only a game so its not wrth the stress of even talking to them..take care and always have fun..

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 3:32 PM

mkg335:
    an insult from a fool is a compliment.

Imma have to check my mail, BRB

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 3:39 PM

If you're able to multi task, I used to find in the *WayBack machine*, typing the theme music of *Gilligans Island*, drove the mad hatters to insanity.... You have the power.

Once I start, you must read, block, or forfeit, cuz it ain't stopping. You started it, Imma gonna...

Ifin ye can't join em, BEAT EM!

On all levels......Success is the best revenge. Get good & kick his butt...

No really, listen to the blocking guy. Sleep better

----------------<*{{{{{-(

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 4:15 PM

I have fun with them, just goad them on.

I worked in shops fore 38 years and have seen them all. Have fun with them at their expense.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 4:34 PM

DonCaron:
    I have fun with them, just goad them on.

^^This all day. LOL Not only goad them, beat the pants off them. They go away totally frustrated if they don't quit first  :-D

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 4:45 PM

YankeeJim:
    Not only goad them, beat the pants off them

Psssst, Jim

Your NY is showing..........................^^^ lmao

Be safe you kitchen wizard. I hope ALL is as well as it can be, for you& yours

Be safe, be smart, and be ultra cool, (spades) people around you, are counting on it.

----------------<*{{{{{-(

• PAGES
RSS