Forums

Help › Forums

Putting issue

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 11 2020 12:03 PM (8 replies)
  • eagletouch
    1 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 3:30 PM

Today, after I do a putting preview, the next putt travels 100 feet or more, regardless of the power I set it at.. After taking a mulligan, it returns to the actual distance it should.

I don't want to play with mulligans. In fact, I can't if I'm playing another golfer.

Sometimes after the put, it gives me an error message and locks up. I have to restart the game.

What's going on and how can I fix this. It wasn't happening yesterday, but is today.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 5:41 PM

Make sure you check the scale on the putter.

Never trust the Auto Caddy, , I shut it off myself in the settings.

• borntobesting
    9,622 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 10:25 PM

Simply don’t use putting preview. It’s just a crutch anyway. Learning to read the breaks without it will make you a better putter. 

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 3:54 AM

borntobesting:

Learning to read the breaks without it will make you a better putter. 

That's the problem for me.  reading the breaks.  understanding how much break/how little break to play.  after 45k putts, if I haven't figured it out by now, I'm not sure I ever will.

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 8:40 AM

pdiehm:

borntobesting:

Learning to read the breaks without it will make you a better putter. 

That's the problem for me.  reading the breaks.  understanding how much break/how little break to play.  after 45k putts, if I haven't figured it out by now, I'm not sure I ever will.

After 45K putts,I got a couple questions to ask.

How many of them have you tracked? the hole, the distance, up/down,the speed, ding- pre/post.

and if you tracked them, did you look at your notes when you replayed the hole again?

Siders Best

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 9:39 AM

I play only on mobile and usually when I'm on the go at a store waiting for my wife or kids.  Taking notes, keeping notes isn't an option not for me as a player, but for the mobile player in general.  

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 10:27 AM

So let me say I'm married also and my wife won't give any extra cash to buy balls and in between stores on our shopping trips I use pencil and store reciepts  to take notes.

Merion 10 - 12'ROP 2 sq ^P  GS 12,  PutPal 25', aimed 3/4 sq above pin @  42%  dinged  it went past hole 4' missed Bird 2ndP ^hill tapped in

When I get time I put on  (Homemade) notepad. You've been around for a while and made it to TL. How bad do you want to be a Champion?

I'm just saying

Siders Best

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 11:07 AM

borntobesting:

Simply don’t use putting preview. It’s just a crutch anyway. Learning to read the breaks without it will make you a better putter. 

Totally agree. All it does is hinder your development 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2020 12:03 PM

Eagle touch , as an amateur , you need to check everything before playing a shot , things go back to the original selection for example when playing in coin rooms after first time out . Get a system for each and every shot and never waiver. 
    if you keep getting screen freezes , if on mobile with app , delete app , and turn off device , reload app , it might help 

RSS