Forums

Help › Forums

putter question

Fri, Apr 10 2020 3:05 AM (6 replies)
  • Fifibagge
    13 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 7:42 AM

Could someone explain the difference between precision and forgiveness? And, i bought a Spider putter and i am having a terrible time with it, even though I've had it for a week or so. I'm thinking of going back to the starter putter. If anyone has tips as to how to make the Spider work better, I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 10:29 AM

Precision is how closely the ball will follow your intended line, Forgiveness is how much the putter will try to move a mishit putt back on the intended line,

Precision no matter how high it is does no good if you miss the ding by very much, Forgiveness only comes into play on putts that you missed the ding.  Forgiveness won't make up for a putt that the ding was missed by a lot.

Neither forgiveness or precision will make up for a poorly lined up putt. 

To make the Spider or any other putter for that matter work better you need to read the greens well. 

• alpenpirat
    1,122 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 10:54 AM

In this regard, I need a putter with forgiveness 10 on the scale.

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 11:08 AM

And similar to playing the wind, if you miss ding better to miss into the break. 

DJ7

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 1:37 PM

Dear,borntob. You have far more experience in this game than myself,but my understanding from a previous thread on this subject,was that precision was distance and forgivenes was side to side. 😇

• alpenpirat
    1,122 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 2:23 AM

any years ago, you will know about, how you can build a house with missing putts by inches

• alpenpirat
    1,122 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 3:05 AM

borntobesting:

you need to read the greens well. 

you can make single practice rounds with putting review and mulligans

with the right mouse button you can enlarge the screen and read the breaks better

RSS