Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Devs: So many questions about the clashes...

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 6 2020 1:41 AM (5 replies)
  • sario66
    140 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 5:14 AM

Who or what entity determines the country club clash matchups? Are those randomly generated? Are the club vs. club levels considered when these clash match-ups are determined? 

The way it appears to me is that those matchups are randomly "pulled out of a hat"...

...and if that's the case then these clashes should be abolished from the game now. 

Do away with the clashes. They are not conducive for anyone trying to better their scoring average or their WGT game experience. 

It's hard enough to get my club members to play in any clash event, being the set ups are too hard as is.

Then my club which is a level 8 club with 40 members see that we draw the top 3 clash club who's @ level 20 with 236 members -all playing for that golden putter. 

...that's a real fair even matchup WGT --NOT!!! I want a WGT dev to tell me how this was so just and fair...

...that clash draw my club got this past week was nothing short of RIDICULOUS.

I'm almost sure that I'm not the first one to complain about those brutal conditions that WGT uses for the clash events. 

In my view the devs haven't listened, they don't listen, or they will never listen, nor they will never care. Because if they did listen, the conditions wouldn't be so outlandishly hard in every clash event posted.

And another thing...

The only reason that I have ever played the club vs. club clashes was for me to try to get the course builders for my club -THOSE COURSE BUILDERS SHOULD BE OFFERED FOR FREE TO ANY WGT COUNTRY CLUB...THOSE COURSE BUILDERS SHOULD NOT BE A PAY TO PLAY ITEM OR AS A PRIZE IN THE CLASHES...PERIOD!!!  

So now WGT devs I will wait for your response -about the draw, about using those ridiculously brutal course set ups for every course used in every club clash, or why you keep dangling the the course builders (which should be FREE) as an incentive for me to to play the clashes... 

Thank you in advance

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 11:32 AM

A few points to note. 

First, it''s unlikely that WGT will respond to your post. If they do, I'd be really surprised. Generally, they don't respond to posts are the boards. 

Second, I'm not sure why you believe course builders should be free. The reality is that they're not. Personally, I don't see issue with that. By the way, there's no reason to shout. 

And third, if you and your club members don't like the clashes, then just don't play them. It's as simple as that. But it's an odd argument to say clashes should be abolished for the reasons you note.

I'm not a big fan of the clashes. But I play anywhere from 1 to 4 rounds each clash to be a good club member. If I score well, great! If not, I don't know that anyone (including myself) really cares. 

The clashes are simply something WGT offers players. Some people like them, some don't, and others are ambivalent. But the reality is that there's no requirement to play them. 

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 6:30 PM

sario66:
    I'm almost sure that I'm not the first one to complain about those brutal conditions that WGT uses for the clash events. 

No your not the first. 

sario66:
    In my view the devs haven't listened, they don't listen, or they will never listen, nor they will never care. Because if they did listen, the conditions wouldn't be so outlandishly hard in every clash event posted.

I see you got that part figured out.

sario66:
    -THOSE COURSE BUILDERS SHOULD BE OFFERED FOR FREE TO ANY WGT COUNTRY CLUB...THOSE COURSE BUILDERS SHOULD NOT BE A PAY TO PLAY ITEM OR AS A PRIZE IN THE CLASHES...PERIOD!!!  

No need to yell. Shhhhhh there are players putting on the green.

sario66:
    So now WGT devs I will wait for your response

While you wait, don't hold your breath, it's not good for you and please switch to decafe.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 9:32 PM

sario66:
    Who or what entity determines the country club clash matchups? Are those randomly generated? Are the club vs. club levels considered when these clash match-ups are determined?

The way it appears to me is that those matchups are randomly "pulled out of a hat"...

I second your opinion. There's no other way than some automatic matching between the CCs active=available at any moment. Though, when I consider the frequent "0 points" outcomes, I even doubt that.

sario66:
    Then my club which is a level 8 club with 40 members see that we draw the top 3 clash club who's @ level 20 with 236 members -all playing for that golden putter.

...that's a real fair even matchup WGT --NOT!!!

True, but it's not always possible, and "fairness" may be quite low in the range of intentions.

You see it in the results available after the fact. It's just about the points accrued - no mentioning of the win/loss score or the individual results.

"Who has the most" is all that matters, and any smaller CC may contend here by "many CC passes bought". The number of participants matters, + their willingness to buy passes, not the number of CC members.

(WGT response?)

sario66:
    why you keep dangling the the course builders (which should be FREE) as an incentive for me to to play the clashes... 
    No offence intended, but if that is your incentive, you may have fallen in a secondary trap: CC courses are good for WGT, as they do not count to the players' progress while ball sales continues.

IMHO, the primary trap of the Events is the Golden Calf dangling in front of all participants. This shiny piece of questionable value, worth zero credits to me, is the top reward in the "competition of credit purses".

FWIW, we received 2 CC passes + 1 course builder (370th, 20,000 points, 10(?) players) regardless of a meager win/loss ratio and with little to zero passes bought. 50th @53,500 points would have bought us one more course builder, at the estimated costs of 30 passes + 5 sleeves - ca. 2,400 credits, worth 6 course builders.

My two Pfennig: There's no reasonable reward in the Clash Events - play them for your CC's pleasure but not for any prizes!

• sario66
    140 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 1:41 AM

alosso:

sario66:

I second your opinion. There's no other way than some automatic matching between the CCs active=available at any moment. Though, when I consider the frequent "0 points" outcomes, I even doubt that.

sario66:

...that's a real fair even matchup WGT --NOT!!!

True, but it's not always possible, and "fairness" may be quite low in the range of intentions.

You see it in the results available after the fact. It's just about the points accrued - no mentioning of the win/loss score or the individual results.

"Who has the most" is all that matters, and any smaller CC may contend here by "many CC passes bought". The number of participants matters, + their willingness to buy passes, not the number of CC members.

(WGT response?)

sario66:
    why you keep dangling the the course builders (which should be FREE) as an incentive for me to to play the clashes... 
    No offence intended, but if that is your incentive, you may have fallen in a secondary trap: CC courses are good for WGT, as they do not count to the players' progress while ball sales continues.

IMHO, the primary trap of the Events is the Golden Calf dangling in front of all participants. This shiny piece of questionable value, worth zero credits to me, is the top reward in the "competition of credit purses".

FWIW, we received 2 CC passes + 1 course builder (370th, 20,000 points, 10(?) players) regardless of a meager win/loss ratio and with little to zero passes bought. 50th @53,500 points would have bought us one more course builder, at the estimated costs of 30 passes + 5 sleeves - ca. 2,400 credits, worth 6 course builders.

My two Pfennig: There's no reasonable reward in the Clash Events - play them for your CC's pleasure but not for any prizes!

No offense taken. You made very strong valid points. Thank you.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 3:49 AM

sario66:

FYI there is no prize for winning a individual clash. Only prize your club will receive is for total points at the end of event. So IMHO no matter what size of club you are up against get as many points per clash as possible and the points total at the end of the event will determine what your club will receive for a prize. Not really that hard to understand. Cheers

RSS