New Version meter

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 4 2020 9:54 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Tim14121989
    88 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 7:57 AM

Hello all.

So, on the new version, I wonder if anyone has found issues with the meter.

What happens is this:

Every 3 or 4 swings, the meter is smooth.

Then 1 out of 3 swings, the meter starts off very stuttery, and then smoothens out (and because it started stuttery, it really speeds up)

Sometimes the meter starts smooth, but then halfway down the meter it just starts to become a buzz saw. If this was the meter, it would look like this:

|-----------------------------------ZZ--Z-Z-zz-zZz-z----z-Z-----zz-ZZ--zZ-(ding line)--_Zz_------------|

I find it impossible, with such a meter, to hit it anywhere close to the ding (which is already virtually impossible on the new version with how big and how quick the meter is compared to Flash).

If anyone has a fix for this, let me know. I've got a top notch PC and great internet connection, so this is definitely a client-side related problem. Tried using different resolutions - Doesn't work.

Thanks,

- Tim -

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 8:35 AM

I only recently downloaded the EA version and only played a couple rounds with it. I have no issues with the meter so far. I use Google Chrome so I don't know if that make any difference or not.

• Tim14121989
    88 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 8:51 AM

The new version isn't played on a browser, it's a downloaded version from the website.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 8:53 AM

the only time i get a stutter on the meter is when i try to stream.....my computer cant handle it......but when i play the game without stream its as smooth as silk........my guess is your computer has too much cpu usage....

• Tim14121989
    88 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 8:58 AM

Nope, CPU is fine.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 9:09 AM

the new version doesnt use flash so isnt a problem with the game......its a computer issue....

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 9:38 AM

Most likely it is a memory issue. Before I got my gaming PC going again I only had 4 gig of memory and the meter on the new version  was quite stuttery on all but the lowest resolution. With the 8 gig in my gaming PC the meter is silky smooth at all resolutions.

• Tim14121989
    88 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 10:14 AM

I have 16GB memory. That's not the issue.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 12:52 PM

Not sure which things affect that meter line.. My case is that I have 3 cheap mouses. 2 of them have lag in wgt on click and one works nice...But you describe stuttering here which I didn't see often in PCEA..Try playing in lower resolution also..For me is impossible to play meter from widescreen resolution

Nik

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 7:57 PM

Tim, one suggestion I have is to open up Task Manager and see if you have any Apps or Background Processes or Windows Processes running that are chewing up CPU and/or memory cycles while you're playing.  The culprit could be something that only runs periodically, like anti-virus software for example, or it could be something that you didn't even know was running.  A friend I was playing with complained of a stuttery meter, and when he checked Task Manager he found out that Malwarebytes was doing a system scan while he was playing.  After he shut that down, everything was smooth as silk.  Just something to look at.  

• PAGES
RSS