Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Challenges

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 2 2020 5:29 PM (3 replies)
  • ThomasUnderPar
    2 Posts
    Tue, Mar 31 2020 11:35 AM

Newbie to this cool game - just a week playing (as a virus "shelter-in-place" antidote) --- and I'm lovin' it.  Not ready to join a club yet, and am just now understanding that if you want to hit the drives further, you need to buy a better driver.  That will come soon to my game.

WHAT I REALLY WANTED TO ASK/TALK ABOUT  . . .  is the putting interface !  It seems that unlike the "green zone" tool for hitting shot, when putting DOWNHILL (red grid all around), if you move into that zone, you end up putting off the green.

HOW CAN YOU FIGURE OUT HOW HARD TO HIT THE BALL when putting downhill

Any tips will be greatly appreciated !

Thomas

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 3:19 PM

Hi Thomas.

Welcome aboard the WGT train!

If you were to type in 'Putting tips" into the Search box to the right ------------------->

you will find many forum posts on the subject with lost of helpful advice, calculations and voodoo incantations (when all else fails).

Keep at it!

Nigel.

• rabrown53
    96 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 5:29 PM

imo, when you decide to upgrade your clubs, i suggest that you begin with getting the best putter you can first, then get the best wedges, then the irons, then the 3wood/driver.  you will improve your average and game quicker this way.  most strokes are won/lost from wedge distance and closer.

young46 has quite a few good putting vids.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 6:14 PM

Wutpa:

Hi Thomas.

Welcome aboard the WGT train!

If you were to type in 'Putting tips" into the Search box to the right ------------------->

you will find many forum posts on the subject with lost of helpful advice, calculations and voodoo incantations (when all else fails).

Keep at it!

Nigel.

Great Advice. I spent 100's of hours searching when someone pointed it out to me.

RSS