Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Social Distance Activities

Tue, Mar 31 2020 5:28 AM (7 replies)
  • DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 2:08 PM

Request to our Mods, there are several activities being organized online highlighting WGT. Most of what I've found has been on Twitter. I'm sure many here don't waste their time there LoL. It would be great if these activities could be announced here for all to see.

Coming tomorrow is a Word Championship AS tournament, I think hosted by young46 and another match play round hosted by Kira to raise money for charity.

The more people know about these the bigger the participation and a bigger boost for the WGT community.

Have fun, hit em straight, and stay safe,

John

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2020 10:37 AM

Never heard of this happening. I know----exactly. To late now--to bad--so sad.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2020 11:02 AM

@DufferJohn7

I think you're correct that WGT should better announce stuff on here. But you're incorrect about Twitter being a waste of time.

Of course, it all depends on who one follows. I stay current on a number of different items because of Twitter. Everything from most recent research within my discipline to current events to best practices in teaching. 

These days, the question is not "Why do you waste time on Twitter?" Rather, the question is "Why aren't you saving time on Twitter?"

Plus, there is some great entrainment there as well. 

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2020 11:25 AM

Robert1893:
    there is some great entrainment there as well. 

I get all the entertainment I can handle reading these forums . lol

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2020 12:15 PM

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2020 12:55 PM

Robert,

Excellent points, I'm new at these online things and need to learn how to productively use them. Careful selection of who to follow is already very apparent.

Even the surveys questioned my initial profile setup, asking me to confirm my birth year pointing out less than 2% people my age are online LoL.

Getting paranoid in the time of boomer remover!

Have fun, hit em straight, and stay safe,

John

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2020 9:01 PM

@DufferJohn7

You have fun as well and stay safe!

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Tue, Mar 31 2020 5:28 AM

They said the 6 foot rule a mask & gloves were enough to go to the grocery store? They lied....Everybody else had clothes on!!

RSS