Forums

Help › Forums

STIMULUS PAYMENT.....

Sat, Mar 28 2020 5:17 PM (30 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 8:23 AM

Not all older people who are already reliant on government assistance are immediately eligible for a rebate. According to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) think tank, the current bill "EXCLUDES" recipients of Supplemental Security Income (SSI), a federal welfare program granted to elderly and disabled people who are often living in poverty and, in many cases, aren’t required to file tax returns.

So let me make sure I understand this correctly ....Someone who is earning a comfortable 75K a year....Will receive $1,200 check (Which for them is most likely a few nights on the town money or the equivalent of hitting a $20 lottery ticket which they probably spend a $100 a week on) 1,200 I'm SURE they can survive without...But lets give it to them anyway...And someone like myself who is legitimately disabled and gets a whopping $797 a month to live on in SSI funds gets zip???

Yup ...that sounds right !! Way to go government you got it right again!! 👍👍

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 12:31 PM

I kind of figured that, no surprise. If it makes you feel better, I won't be receiving either...

This is unnecessary anyway.

Why can't the entire WORLD differ EVERYTHING for 6 months. That includes the stock market.

Close everything for 6 months. Clean up EVERYTHING!

I f people can't pay their mortgage, car loans, etc., they will have to call the holder, and tell them, 6 months...

The holder will agree, especially FORD. They just got reduced to JUNK BOND status. Banks mortgage company's need to chill out and let this thing work itself out.

This is going into NEXT YEAR! Be prudent, protect yourself, your family & your friends.

You will need to draw on all listed, to survive this with some modem of decorum.

Read up on the 3 time returning champ "The Spanish Flu", and realize, we are in this together whether we like it or not.

WGT could do better on allowing some pertinent info to flow freely, in this time of anxiety.

Keeping the truth from the public on something like this pandemic, should be a capital offense.

Time to make the population grow up, and have some concern for others for a change...

SMH

----------------------<*{{{{{-(

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 10:27 AM

SS, SSI, and SSDI recipients will receive 1200.00. The majority of those don't have to file, and the Treasury will use their Social Security info already on file. 

My aunt, who relies solely on 750-ish social security called the Social Security office and they confirmed she would get a check (I had already told her, but she's 86 and stubborn). They told her she'd get a letter about a week prior explaing how much (1,200.00) and when to expect it. And since she was set up for direct deposit, it would go inot her bank on the date specified.

The only thing would possible minimize or stop a social security recipient from the check would be if they work and earn over the threshold. It's 50.00 per 1,000.00 in earnings reduced from the 1,200.00. Threshold is 75k for single and 150k for joint...plus 500.00 per dependent child 16 or under. 

That think tank thunk wrong.

Also, I'm not a fan of Nancy Pelosi, but she is the sole reason those listed will get a check. So, she did good for the little people. She wouldn't budge and that's one of the reasons it took longer than expected.

The House will pass it. There's an idiot from Kentucky who may cause a ruckus, but it'll only delay the inevitable. He's a nobody and I guess he needs his 15 minutes in the spotlight...only to be hated by his fellow members and America. 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 10:48 AM

@JDGHOST

The post above already addresses the fact that those on Social Security will receive the payment. 

I just want to note that you also need to consider that there are probably quite a few people who were earning a "
    comfortable 75K a year," who may currently be earning nothing. There are quite a few industries that have laid people off. For them, it's not a night on the town. For them, it's putting food on the table for the next few weeks.

Yes, they'll most likely be eligible for unemployment. The point, however, is that they're not currently earning $75 per year. And one can almost guarantee that some of them won't have a job to go back to when this settles down. 

Don't turn this into a class thing. That's especially so since you appear to be relying upon incorrect information regarding the bill that's being passed. 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 10:51 AM

jayw4862:
    There's an idiot from Kentucky who may cause a ruckus, but it'll only delay the inevitable. He's a nobody and I guess he needs his 15 minutes in the spotlight...only to be hated by his fellow members and America. 

And that guy appears to be "all in." He's on Twitter defending himself. 

Un-freaking-believable. 

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 11:23 AM

"Idiot from Kentucky..."

We have many, especially in public office...to which idiot are you referring?

Fortunately, our current governor isn't one of them.  He's providing good and effective leadership, unlike his predecessor.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 11:30 AM

I'm sure he's referring to Massie.

Regardless, it was just announced: the House has passed the bill. It's now on to Trump for his signature. 

https://j.mp/2Uot4Vu

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 11:33 AM

Robert, thanks, just got back from googling "idiot from Kentucky" and his was the first name that popped up.  What a dork.

The good news is that my name doesn't show up until page 2.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 11:37 AM

mkg335:

Robert, thanks, just got back from googling "idiot from Kentucky" and his was the first name that popped up.  What a dork.

LOL! 

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 12:04 PM
    Robert1893:

mkg335:

LOL! 

+ a million!
RSS