Thu, Apr 23 2020 9:58 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2020 5:25 PM

DaveDwingdale:

EasyEdward:

Vinny: 

Sometimes it is better to stick around a CC for awhile and actually see what they have to offer...

In case the above is not clear - do not try to rejoin us - no way you will find out what you missed.

EE

Wow.  If that was the attitude of any group that I belonged to I would be the next one out the door.

Just sayin',

Dave

As a member of TPC myself, I have to wonder why a disabled veteran and former club member is being attacked by one of our Directors.  All I can say is that EE's post reflects his own thoughts only and not those of the entire club.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2020 7:25 PM

Not only is the timeline not as straightforward as the player presents neither is the context.

He joined TPC on (I believe) the 16th and left on 18th. The very next day after leaving, he posted to the main forum that he was looking for a club to join because he "tried a few clubs but did not work out." 

So, he left TPC to join another club. Nothing wrong with that. That's fine. But he still joined another club. Additionally, two days is hardly taking the time to try a club out. 

A few months later (in early May) he was back on the boards posting to TPC thread on the main forum. Here's a link so people can judge the exchange for themselves. The bottom line is that before and after his short stint at TPC, he had a history of going from one club to another. 

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/567497/3995787.aspx#3995787

And, by he way, EasyEd is one of the nicest and most generous people on this site. He has more than earned the benefit of the doubt.

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2020 8:31 PM

Robert1893:

Not only is the timeline not as straightforward as the player presents neither is the context.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/567497/3995787.aspx#3995787

And, by he way, EasyEd is one of the nicest and most generous people on this site. He has more than earned the benefit of the doubt.

I was just coming back to say that I was not aware of all the facts, although I had read the thread you reference, there surely was more to the story.  And maybe EasyEd was having a bad day or would have worded his statement more courteously.

Still, I stand by my statement.

Dave 

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2020 8:34 PM

Robert1893:
    EasyEd is one of the nicest and most generous people on this site. He has more than earned the benefit of the doubt.

Generous though Ed may occasionally be, there is no excuse for his attacking someone who left TPC.  He has certainly earned no benefit of the doubt here.  He could just as easily have said nothing.  Instead, he went out of his way to respond, unsolicited and in a snotty fashion, to a former club member who was directing his question to someone else.  I see no kindness or generosity in that.

• jacktrade51
    10,896 Posts
    Tue, Apr 21 2020 8:45 PM

alosso:
    Please think of full scores when it comes to the average!

Please think of this in 3 separate compartments.

The WGT average is based on ranked round in one's current tier.

(Saturation comment is correct.  Average can bounce around all over before saturation.)

Club handicaps are different.  Every club does those on our on own; in BD's case, all rounds over last 30 are wiped out.  But we too enter all single play club tournament rounds into our data base.

Finally, a lot of scores don't count.  Practice rounds, BOP5, any par 3 course … etc.

• VinnyGoombotz
    324 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 8:31 AM

Lets put this thing behind us now .To anyone I offended I apologize to them as this is just a game that sometimes some of us take too seriously.My daughter is a RN and has been on the front lines every since this virus came out .She had to get tested a few days ago and THANK GOD she was negative as she has a 10 year old daughter and a husband at home.These are the important things we have to worry about ,not a dispute over a video golf game .We should all place our effects on trying to help any way we can concerning this virus as we can all PRAY which to me means alot.I am now in the Founders CC and JDGHOST is the owner ,he is a great guy and a great owner and im very happy here ,even thou i still stink at this game.So  to everyone please remember i am not perfect as no one is and i hope this is the end of this.Thank You .

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 9:27 AM

@VinnyGoombotz

Well said! Sorry if I offended as well. 

We will definitely keep your daughter in prayer that she continues to remain healthy. 

Stay safe. 

• VinnyGoombotz
    324 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 9:58 AM

Thank you

• PAGES
RSS