Forums

Help › Forums

Reduce prices during corona virus

Tue, Apr 14 2020 2:34 PM (55 replies)
  • triple000
    220 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 3:07 PM

YankeeJim:

I sure would like to see some starter ball tournaments WGT. See who knows how to play.

That would sort " The Wheat from the Chaff "

• Luciano18
    316 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 4:29 PM

Well lets start the begging now. I fear I left it too late last year. Canada Day is July 1st a free week or weekend at Whistler sure would be nice. Anybody know when Mexico Day is. I won't hold my breath though.

That would be May 5 I would believe

"Cinco di Maio"

The day after "Star Wars Day'

Luciano 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 4:45 PM

Fun fact: a few years ago, a city in our area held a Cinco de Mayo event on May 4. 

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 4:57 PM

Sweet Thread......

I love these "gimme, gimme,"..... "you owe us,"..... type threads......

Why do you need a free pass?   A "pass" has NOTHING to do with one's ability to play this game........  I've been here for years, well before the "pass" was created......  I've never needed or wanted one.  Matter of fact, when I see the irritable  "use your pass" pop up appear.......  I click "NO" and move along.....   

And the "reduced ball price rant".....   LOVE IT!!     I rarely, if ever visit the pro shop but today I did.  Not because I needed anything, but simply to verify my long term understanding there is a selection of balls at different pricing levels, spec levels.......etc..etc.     Well, I be damned, it's the same as always.....  a wide selection to suit the needs of everyone.......  and, of course, the "ROCK" is always available and still FREE.

I guess you "gimme....gimme" types forget that Top Golf / WGT has employees. Employees that are laid off, furloughed ....   what about these folks?     In your "give me some free and reduced crap passion rant" did you ever consider these folks?    Naaaah.....  you only considered yourself.  

Personally....  I'd have no issue paying a little more for balls........  I appreciate WGT as they continue paying service fees, server fees, tech fees and employee salaries...etc...etc   while keeping this game available in the difficult times. 

But then again, that's just me....  I'm even tipping  delivery drivers, employees handling take out orders twice as much these days.      Went to Petsmart yesterday to buy food for my pets.....while there, I grabbed 2 big ass bags of cat food and another 2 big ass bags of dog food and dropped them of at the local animal shelter..... the thought of asking for a "discount" never entered my mind.......

Thanks WGT.....  'preciate you keeping the service up and running.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 5:41 PM

Yes, Thank You WGT and its Employees for helping defeat our boredom.

• KYLANDER
    970 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 7:01 PM

The pricing of virtual golf balls got to an extend to be insane.

I play real golf, with a HCP around 10, buying Titleist Pro Vx as "good used" for 1,50 USD a ball. WGT is charging 3 times of that.

I still remember times, when their best ball was a Callaway for 300 a pack. 

Now they quadrupled the price for "their" best ball.  4 times as much...

With the "Launcher version", they try to attract youngsters, Which "youngster" has the time AND the money to follow them? 

They are clueless, because TopGolf wanted the software for their outlets, not the online-community.

WGT/TopGolf never understood where the "markets" are outside US.  

The biggest markets are Japan, South Korea, China, Indonesia. I play this for 9+ years now, made 2 Japanese friends, but none from China or South Korea. 

A good idea dies in the hand of idiots....

• KYLANDER
    970 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 7:01 PM

I play real golf, with a HCP around 10, buying Titleist Pro Vx as "good used" for 1,50 USD a ball. WGT is charging 3 times of that.

I still remember times, when their best ball was a Callaway for 300 a pack. 

Now they quadrupled the price for "their" best ball.  4 times as much...

With the "Launcher version", they try to attract youngsters, Which "youngster" has the time AND the money to follow them? 

They are clueless, because TopGolf wanted the software for their outlets, not the online-community.

WGT/TopGolf never understood where the "markets" are outside US.  

The biggest markets are Japan, South Korea, China, Indonesia. I play this for 9+ years now, made 2 Japanese friends, but none from China or South Korea. 

A good idea dies in the hand of idiots....

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2020 11:03 PM

KYLANDER:
    To me, it's proof of successful business. Their clients are willing to pay that!

Plus, do you really pay cash for your balls?

KYLANDER:
    I don't think that you have a point there, as there's a much bigger overhead of basic and running costs to real golf, especially in European continental countries. E.g. membership fees, commuting expenses...

And, with zero inflation over 10 years, there's still the B-ES available here @3.3 cr per ball,  the Tour-SD @21 cr...

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2020 6:26 AM

alosso:
    To me, it's proof of successful business. Their clients are willing to pay that! 

I was thinking the same thing. 

I really don't understand why players complain about how expensive the balls can be. I would understand the complaint if WGT only offered the free starter ball and balls at $10 a sleeve or more. But they don't. That have balls at every price point between those extremes.

So, they offer an expensive option. Either people will buy the balls or they won't. But if there's a less expensive option for me to purchase, why I would even care that there are more expensive versions of it? 

I wouldn't. 

• mcantos
    10 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2020 8:15 AM

Amen....

RSS