Forums

Help › Forums

Reduce prices during corona virus

Tue, Apr 14 2020 2:34 PM (55 replies)
  • Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 1:26 PM

GolfSAwillunga:
    The pay monthly idea, even if it’s $40 a month to get endless supplies of passes equipment and balls would encourage more people to play,

I know for myself and can probably speak for a lot of retiree's that if this game ever goes to a monthly fee I will be OUT and fast.  I watch videos and occasionally buy credits.  I do this sparingly because I am in Canada and as mentioned from our Australian member we get nailed big time on exchange.  A $40.00 monthly fee would quickly translate to $60 Canadian dollars, as much as I enjoy this game I would never pay that.  PERIOD.  As it is I play everyday and probably don't spend more than an average of $10.00 per month.

I do agree that in these pressing time WGT could offer some incentives to attract even more people but mostly to benefit the regulars like myself who have played here for years and do appreciate the game.

Tim

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 2:31 PM

GolfSAwillunga:
    1 free pass a day, and basic balls. We all know that you can’t compete in Bellagio with basic balls
    No expectation to contend with that setting, but PLAY you can for free.

If you expect to receive gifts in the crisis, you may not have understood the situation.

GolfSAwillunga:
    if your in a turfwar or the club clash do you think 1 pass is going to help your club?
    Dunno about mobile warmongering - no interest in that.

Still, in the Clash, one pass per match = one game per match will help enough. It bought us 2 passes + 1 course builder @293th place, only peanuts less than 10th place.

All w/o any waisted money.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 2:35 PM

mightyj3:
    Yes you can wait for your daily pass every 12 hrs
    More than enough to prosper from the CDP bonus. Your CC doesn't need any more IMHO, having cleared L4.

It's not a big deal for you to play w/o passes, thus paying nothing for them.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 3:02 PM

mightyj3:
    All I'm asking is wgt help out in these hard times, I myself am self employed and now have no money coming in  because of this pandemic, it's not a big deal to at least reduce the cost of passes so 5 is under the daily video cap

You're correct that it would be a nice gesture.

But one needs to consider the flip side. I seriously doubt WGT has seen an increase in sales of sleeves of balls. With so much uncertainty, the first thing people will cut out of their lives are unnecessary expenses, even small ones.

Indeed, one could easily argue that it's the smaller expenses that are cut first because they're so easy to eliminate, providing an instantaneous feeling that one is getting some control back.

Additionally, Topgolf has temporally closed their locations so they're losing revenue there as well. The bottom line is I have to believe their revenue is way down. 

• mightyj3
    44 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 3:50 PM

I'm not thinking of myself  and yes I can play coins room without using passes but when you are a turf player let's be serious which most of the good players are then  get real. 

If not then play single tournaments without any interaction each to their 6

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 4:26 PM

Robert1893:

Additionally, Topgolf has temporally closed their locations so they're losing revenue there as well. The bottom line is I have to believe their revenue is way down. 

Topgolf, yes. WGT, I disagree. While there are many headed to the unemployment line there are far more that aren't, they're just staying home as directed.  I'm seeing players I haven't seen in a long time and they're not using the free balls, they're just picking the game up where they left it. Money they aren't eating or drinking winds up here while they wait this out. 

And now Topgolf is doubling down on them.  :-)

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 5:13 PM

Well, only WGT knows if people are playing more or less and making more or fewer purchases. But I don't think yesterday's free rental day or today's promo were added because sales were doing really well. ;-) 

Regardless, on our end, all we have is anecdotal evidence since I'm sure none of us have been gathering this data in a systematic fashion. Who would have the time? 

The main problem here then is confirmation bias. We'll tend to notice those people who are playing who previously weren't and tend not to notice those who aren't playing or playing fewer rounds than usual.

One thing we do apparently know: people are drinking more!  

https://bit.ly/2Jmjr3e

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 5:18 PM

Golf courses remain open in New York State.

Wait a minute, let me get this straight.

I'm allowed to go play golf but I'm not allowed to go to work?

You just can't make this stuff up!

:-)

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 5:23 PM

twinponds169:

Wait a minute, let me get this straight.

I'm allowed to go play golf but I'm not allowed to go to work?

You just can't make this stuff up!

:-)

It's like we've entered an alternative universe! 😀

• ishotinhole
    70 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 6:12 PM

Some free rental clubs they took my nike irons now i cant play at all i dont have the money to buy new irons. As always has been wgt only cares about wgt i think every last one of us should not play for a week then you might see a price drop

RSS