Forums

Help › Forums

Reduce prices during corona virus

Tue, Apr 14 2020 2:34 PM (55 replies)
  • mightyj3
    44 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 2:11 AM

Hi guys, 

Since the outbreak of the corona virus  and people being put out of work till there's a breakthrough, surely wgt could reduce their pricing policy for balls and passes. 

Passes 5 for 100cr or a 2for 1 option would certainly help keep players involved and would go a long way to help. 

Another thing why not raise the crd video cap to 300 a day as at the moment 150cr doesn't even cover 5 passes in the pro shop. 

These are hard times we all are facing let's bring the wgt community together. 

Thanks 

Mightyj3 

• GolfSAwillunga
    7 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 1:46 PM

In the current climate and who knows what is going to happen next, self isolation and people being laid off work, businesses going under people are looking for ways to pass the time and keep themselves entertained. What a great gesture it would be if WGT was to lower the prices to an affordable level or increase the credit cap on videos.

Another idea which I just read on another post was to make the game like  Netflix where a monthly payment of $20, then make all items available, of course if you didn’t want to pay the $20 then you could leave the game as it is for those people.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 4:01 PM

mightyj3:
    Reduce prices [...]

There are free balls and free CC passes - how would you reduce the price of these?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 4:20 PM

From a business standpoint, status quo on pricing makes huge sense. Yes, there is economic misery happening around the world but this is an elective diversion and WGT stands to gain majorly by not doing anything. I've already seen players I haven't seen in years and lowering prices to attract new business just doesn't make sense.

I get the sentiment but WGT is probably one of the few businesses that will survive this crisis without doing anything. Think about it-if you're not going out spending money and looking for a cheap diversion, WGT fits the bill. I suspect ball sales have skyrocketed.  :-)

• mightyj3
    44 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 4:49 PM

Yes you can wait for your daily pass every 12 hrs or raise the crd cap on videos to allow us to buy passes at a reasonable price. 

5 passes  175cr , video allowance 150cr . 

Most guys I play against use titleist balls High end ones as do I  these cost over 1000cr.

All I'm asking is wgt help out in these hard times, I myself am self employed and now have no money coming in  because of this pandemic, it's not a big deal to at least reduce the cost of passes so 5 is under the daily video cap

• GolfSAwillunga
    7 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 1:58 AM

1 free pass a day, and basic balls. We all know that you can’t compete in Bellagio with basic balls and if your in a turfwar or the club clash do you think 1 pass is going to help your club?

• GolfSAwillunga
    7 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 2:13 AM

YankeeJim:

From a business standpoint, status quo on pricing makes huge sense. Yes, there is economic misery happening around the world but this is an elective diversion and WGT stands to gain majorly by not doing anything. I've already seen players I haven't seen in years and lowering prices to attract new business just doesn't make sense.

I get the sentiment but WGT is probably one of the few businesses that will survive this crisis without doing anything. Think about it-if you're not going out spending money and looking for a cheap diversion, WGT fits the bill. I suspect ball sales have skyrocketed.  :-)

I totally agree with everything you say from a business point of view. However lots of people have and are loosing their jobs, here in Australia 2000cr costs $30AUD. That will get you 2 sleeves of virtual titleist balls or 50 passes and some Callaways. 
    I know if I play all day those passes and balls will be gone within a day or 2. 
    $30 will go a long way in providing basics for my family and I know if I was to spend $60 or so a week a divorce would be on the cards.

i agree with the OP, just for a short time whilst we come to grips with what is happening in the world it would be a nice gesture from WGT to do a 2 for 1 on passes, lower the prices or up the video limit so we can at least play a great game and be competitive.

The pay monthly idea, even if it’s $40 a month to get endless supplies of passes equipment and balls would encourage more people to play, clashes and turfs would be more competitive instead of one or two clubs dominating everything.

Everyone will have a view on this, their is no right or wrong answer just a thought and I’m not looking for an argument just putting out ideas for the community especially for those who will find themselves unemployed.

• PETERGEORGE1
    572 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 4:15 AM

Assuming you already have clubs suitable for your tier you can play for free, just got to get used to the free ball.

• mightyj3
    44 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 4:21 AM

I already have a stock of balls available in my equipment, I am merely suggesting an option for players that don't. 

Also a lot of guys I play regularly play turfs, turfs cost passes so by giving an option of lower costs would be beneficial to all 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 11:59 AM

YankeeJim:

Totally Agree +1

RSS