Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 3/25/20 ***

Sun, Mar 29 2020 4:13 AM (41 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 11:07 AM

kavvz:

KILLER52:

I'm sure it's me (yea, right) but something seems a little different.

On "My Profile" page, the "Status" color seems a bit different.  (Where it's green for available or red for busy).  Not earth-shattering by any means but I'm just wondering if it's optometrist time.

:)

It's not you, they different for me as well and I'm not crazy!  yet anyway.. :)

Yes, some of the code is being changed on the site. The buttons and some of the text are were pictures, but they are now other HTML elements.

The above picture shows my old profile (bottom) and new profile (top). The status light has changed as has the text, LEVEL, TIER, AVG SCORE, STATUS, MEMBER SINCE, CAREER EARNINGS, FRIENDS and COUNTRY CLUB section. These were previously all images, now they aren't.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 11:29 AM

After todays downtime there is a new glitch in action.

When we take our friends profile, it will show "ADD AS FRIEND" but when clicked "VIEW ALL" from Activity section, it shows we are friends.

very weird lol

- Carl  

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 12:03 PM

ScottHope:
    Yes, some of the code is being changed on the site

In your opinion, do you believe they are prepping the site for the non-flash version? It would make sense if they were.

Don

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 12:21 PM

That may well be part of the reason Don. These days websites need to be coded so they are adaptable for a wide variety of screen sizes, and using images for text and buttons is very bad for scaling as it can lead to poor clarity.

I don't have a mobile device but I can imagine that the forum and our profile pages do not do that well on those screen sizes.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 3:46 PM

BPeterson8256:
    Loudmouth Apparel

After the recent update that took place a little while ago, the Loudmouth Apparel is now available.

Don

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 4:29 PM

TopShelf2010:

BPeterson8256:
    Loudmouth Apparel

After the recent update that took place a little while ago, the Loudmouth Apparel is now available.

Don

Thanks!

...but this is just heart breaking.😢 There are no "magic bus" shorts. 

• Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 4:43 PM

Since the last update, I now receive the following pop up.

Is there any particular reason, that you guys are no longer supprting the Maxthon browser for this game?

Cheers Waz

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 5:10 PM
    Nothing new about that, or related to the update. I've been getting that message for a long time using Maxthon. You don't get it often, maybe once or twice a month. No big deal; you just have to log in again.
  • Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 5:56 PM

K7JBQ:
    Nothing new about that, or related to the update. I've been getting that message for a long time using Maxthon. You don't get it often, maybe once or twice a month. No big deal; you just have to log in again.

Ok, thank you....

I've been using the Maxthon browser for 5 yrs & had never seen this pop up at all, until after yesterdays update....Now it is on my screen everytime that I log into wgt.....

When you say -

K7JBQ:
    No big deal; you just have to log in again.

Are you meaning the wgt site or to log into the maxthon browser? (which I have never done)

Cheers mate,

Waz.

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 6:11 PM

Wgt has left a screw loose somewhere as the whole group we play 1st round of the day with all had trouble. Only 3 of us made it through the game and that was rebooting several times

RSS