Exactly like the title described. The situation was as follow:
- STA #13; I had a 9-11 wind at NNE (1:30-2:00).
- From the back tees it’s about 305 to the opening of Cat’s Trap.
- My driver with fbs goes 305. I went fbs and choked down to 90%. Let me say this again: I’m absolutely sure I choked down to 90%
- Next thing I knew, the ball flew in the air for 303 yards and straight into the fescue. Shot Tracker showed 100% power.
Also in the same round, this time at #17:
- Wind was 7-9 at 12:00-1:00. Ball was in fairway, distance to front center pin was 141 yards plus 4ft elevation.
- My mapped 9I from fairway is 135. Coupled with the wind, I was confident that I could get it close.
- Dinged the shot, and what happened? Ball went 131 yards. It was like I have hit into a headwind, instead of the actual tailwind.
The situation at 17 bugged me, but not as much as 13. That was just egregious. I’m sure you guys can go over my shot data for this particular round and confirm it.