Forums

Help › Forums

Corona Virus Message Millennials and All Should Read

Fri, Mar 20 2020 5:14 AM (36 replies)
  • garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 7:37 PM

I  just checked back on my family history and it turns out I had an aunt that died of this flu in 1918! She was only 7 years old at the time. My mom was born a year later.and told us kids that her mother was also sick with it too. Lucky for us she survived or we wouldn't be here today!

This virus is pretty scary to say the least.  The wife and I are getting bored with staying home but if one wants to survive I guess we should listen to the experts.

Stay safe everyone ! Don't become a statistic . 

Gary

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 8:13 PM

adaputter:

if everyone just used common sense this will be all over very soon

Haven't seen that from any epidemiologist or virologist yet.

To the best of my knowledge viruses don't particularly care whether you use common sense or run around like a complete lunatic, they just want a host, warm body to get all comfy in and replicate and work on mutating, if that's codded into their strain. 

Viruses it seems, if society's current state is any indicator, actually I think prefer the lunatic panicky version, seems to be working out in their favor anyhow judging by the numbers and our complete inability to rein them in. 

This virus came along at a perfect opportunity, like in the world of viruses that is. Highly contagious and infectious. It doesn't kill healthy hosts, very good for transmission in today's world. It's half-life is pretty decent anywhere from 3 hour or so up to a few days depending on the surface. Cellphones, touch screens offer pretty good bang for the buck. It's airborne rate isn't so hot, but it will work in crowded places so they'd like the Starbucks reopened I'm sure.

Combined with the current political environment throughout the world, countries run by and populated politically by those with little of that commonsense you mentioned and the collective IQ of a twig or piece of lint. Their only real concern is how the virus is reeking havoc on the artificially propped up markets and economies held together with glitter and BS. 

Yep, came along at a very opportune time for sure. I would not be surprised to read that once infection rates hit like what? 60% of the population, this thing mutates and then the real fun begins, just in time for those awesome summer heatwaves of 45c plus. 

I think commonsense will at that time be a long forgotten notion.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 12:26 AM

adaputter:

WOW WOW  WOW

just been reading this post

STOP panicking

ive just started to vomit and my nose starts bleeding

is this a sign of the virus ?

NO 

if everyone just used common sense this will be all over very soon

by the way im am optomist 

Well looking on the UK news last night the country is starting to panic, i’m English and live in France, which was placed on lockdown 2 days ago. It’s dire here, Spain and Italy also and yet the UK government has only just started to move on the situation, and yet people were still allowed to mingle until recently

i.e Cheltenham festival where 60,000 people were allowed to attend and St Patrick’s Day, 

I think the UK population are in for a rude awakening especially with BoJo and his chronies in charge, they might be shutting the gate after the horse has already bolted.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 12:44 AM

On a lighter note, we still are hanging around like a normal day lol 

As everyone is now work from home scenario, streets are double busy at nights 😀😂😅😆😁🔥✨

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 3:17 AM

andwhy67:

micheldess:
    We have to stop racism

Whats racist about stating the obvious! 

These people eat all types of normally the inedible, that’s a fact, secondly this virus came from Wuhan, place of an apparent testing facility or a wet market.

HIV crossed from chimps to humans in the 1920s in what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo. This was probably as a result of chimps carrying the Simian Immunodeficiency Virus (SIV), a virus closely related to HIV, being hunted and eaten by people living in the area.

nothing rascist here, just factual!

Exactly........   just facts....            

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1rzgO9S5SM

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 4:41 AM

Thats disturbing!

LuckySkreet:

andwhy67:

micheldess:
    We have to stop racism

Whats racist about stating the obvious! 

These people eat all types of normally the inedible, that’s a fact, secondly this virus came from Wuhan, place of an apparent testing facility or a wet market.

HIV crossed from chimps to humans in the 1920s in what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo. This was probably as a result of chimps carrying the Simian Immunodeficiency Virus (SIV), a virus closely related to HIV, being hunted and eaten by people living in the area.

nothing rascist here, just factual!

Exactly........   just facts....            

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1rzgO9S5SM

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 5:45 AM

china have reported no new cases today and are letting their people out and about with limits .

My wife and i are couped up together now .

There is going to be a murder to add to the statistics soon .

I am also an optimist .

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 6:31 AM

Well then,

my condolences, pre-dastardly deed...

Now is the perfect time to re-visit those dusty trust, and end of life scenarios

ie; Change the beneficiary, QUICK!

-------------------------<*{{{{{-(

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 6:36 AM

craigswan:
    china have reported no new cases today

yeah, and when it began in December 2019 the government suppressed it said and said there was no problem.

To me, their credibility is very low. 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2020 11:06 PM

Pub in England this week - Thus we know the virus does need brain cells to feed................Here in Oz we just let 3800 low riskers off a cruise ship and are now desperately trying to track them as at least 3 have it (obv a ship supercharges transmission).................Egad...........

What we need is that WW2 spirit back:

RSS