Forums

Help › Forums

Corona Virus Message Millennials and All Should Read

Fri, Mar 20 2020 5:14 AM (36 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 7:47 AM

"Perhaps we might, as a race, decide that torturing animals from every corner of the earth in one place before eating or generally just abusing may cause nature to bite back.  On any level some controls over that would not go amiss."

I fully agree. The Chinese will eat anything that moves...snakes, rats, pigeons, etc. This virus apparently started with snakes being served at the wet markets. Hygiene is minimal and a virus of some kind was bound to happen.

Controls and standards are sadly lacking in some countries and are badly needed.

ct

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 8:41 AM

ct690911:

I fully agree. The Chinese will eat anything that moves...snakes, rats, pigeons, etc. This virus apparently started with snakes being served at the wet markets. Hygiene is minimal and a virus of some kind was bound to happen.

I like many others quite often watch the ‘Border Security’ programmes, the mind boggles when the Australian airport customs stop and search countless Chinese travellers attempting to smuggle what they class as a delicacy, ‘undeclared food’ some visibly crawling with ‘nasties’. 

Maybe something as simple as this is the reason we are now in this current state and it’s not as sinister as some people state.  

Then on the flip side, the Chinese scientist who discovered the virus and mysteriously died soon after, i don’t really know!

• ander101
    390 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 9:06 AM

Will the largest world wide event be canceled , i speak of the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, not just the economic impact to Japan, but all countries from travel to TV coverage. 

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 9:26 AM

Not to put a damper on Jim's travelling plans n such.. ;-)) but the one thing this pandemic is shining a massively huge light on is the absolute need to immediately suspend all air travel and the necessity of locking borders while implement aggressive and mandatory testing at all entry points.

If China is responsible for one thing, it's the huge failing  for not being truthful about what was going on, trying to manage / suppress it while not implementing any standard controls whatsoever. Viruses will get out, it's inevitable, but locking down in the early stages shows proven results in reducing infection vectors - that all over papers on Ebola and how they contain it now.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 10:52 AM

We have to stop racism and stop to talk politics on wgt please.

We have a high number of endangered species around the world because of the humans beings, all countrys are responsable.

You really think only in china they eat "anything that moves" like sadly ct690911 say ?

China bans the trade and consumption of wild animals translation last month and don't you know around the world peoples eat also wild animals even in democatrics countrys ?

For the coronovirus, gouvernements of all around the world and peoples don't take serious mesures against coronavirus until recently and that's why that spread so much now.

Now the best solution is to lockdown countrys for 2, 3 months like they do first in China, that's work great. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 2:09 PM

micheldess:
    We have to stop racism

Whats racist about stating the obvious! 

These people eat all types of normally the inedible, that’s a fact, secondly this virus came from Wuhan, place of an apparent testing facility or a wet market.

HIV crossed from chimps to humans in the 1920s in what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo. This was probably as a result of chimps carrying the Simian Immunodeficiency Virus (SIV), a virus closely related to HIV, being hunted and eaten by people living in the area.

nothing rascist here, just factual!

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 2:25 PM

I went to the grocery store this afternoon and I was shocked! The shelves were almost empty. It looked like a going out of business sale. People are in a panic. Buying 3 times what they need and leaving little else for the next person.

On the way I noticed my dentist's office is closed and most businesses have signs posted if you are showing signs of the virus don't come in.

This is going to get worse before it gets better.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 4:45 PM

WOW WOW  WOW

just been reading this post

STOP panicking

ive just started to vomit and my nose starts bleeding

is this a sign of the virus ?

NO 

if everyone just used common sense this will be all over very soon

by the way im am optomist 

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 5:31 PM

adaputter:

WOW WOW  WOW

just been reading this post

STOP panicking

NO 

if everyone just used common sense this will be all over very soon

by the way im am optomist 

Hey did you think I was panicking. I merely made an observation. Grab yer plastic bag before you panic and use common sense before you open your piehole. All I wanted was some chicken but it was all gone.

By the way I was only hungry.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 7:30 PM

adaputter:

NO 

1 over the 8 in beer followed a dodgy take out and tripped??........................:)

I thought Eddie made some good points.  Totalitarian systems are good at shutting things down but reporting anything bad is scary. 

No new cases in the originating general area is very good news anywaywhich way. 

Looking at those  "markets" in as quick a time as they like after this will never be a bad thing either.

Good news is continued with South Korea showing how a democracy can really get on top of things.  

Following the advice out there looks fine to me................I think:)

BTW whilst advertising here is usually frowned on I am doing a dapper new fashion line.  Currently crowdfunding at woodenovercoats PTY LTD (Incorporated in Lagos) #fakecrap.

RSS