Forums

Help › Forums

eTour Changes for Scandinavian Mixed Qualifier

Wed, Aug 12 2020 1:28 PM (42 replies)
  • MattMaher35
    518 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 8:44 PM

Champ, would it be possible to update this thread with who qualifies each week and then have an updated overall standing at the end? It looks like people are continuing to play even when they’re qualified/their position is locked, so there may be some confusion out there. In addition, it’ll be difficult to keep track of the overall standings/seedlings as the weeks go on without creating a personal excel spreadsheet. Thanks!

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Fri, Apr 3 2020 2:06 PM

MattMaher35:

Champ, would it be possible to update this thread with who qualifies each week and then have an updated overall standing at the end? It looks like people are continuing to play even when they’re qualified/their position is locked, so there may be some confusion out there. In addition, it’ll be difficult to keep track of the overall standings/seedlings as the weeks go on without creating a personal excel spreadsheet. Thanks!

I think you might be able to find what you are looking for here

Brett

EDIT: This is Young46's spread sheet. eTour Sweden Bracket

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2020 2:57 AM

I'm only seeing a bracket of 64, with 16 in so far, probably my bad. I suppose the bracket positions will change a bit anyway.

Interesting that alough the best scores predictably got higher in week 2 what was needed to qualify didn't.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2020 3:41 AM

I've been trying again, still only 64. Maybe if not operator (lack of) skill then probably as I don't have excel or the like.  What I don't get is if I'm seeing half then should seeds 1 and 2 be in the same half?  I suppose it dosen't matter as these are seperate brackets and this is just a way of showing them. Just puzzled as usual :-/

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2020 8:58 AM

from what I have read and what was clarified to me... there is no feasible way to actually seed a bracket right now or know everyone's seeding prior to the conclusion of ALL 8 brackets.  All of those scores falling in the lower or upper range will easily juggle up or down somewhere in the eventual merged list of all 8 qualifiers.

It is pure speculation where a 57 in week one or two will end up from a seeding standpoint.

That said, it is very likely, despite both playing in week 1 … once the qualifiers are merged, despite both playing in week 1, both Fmagnets and Young46 will both be #1 seeds in their respective bracket once the scores are merged and the top 8 scores are deemed #1 seeds, if I understand the explanation correctly. 

• MattMaher35
    518 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2020 11:19 AM

el3n1:

from what I have read and what was clarified to me... there is no feasible way to actually seed a bracket right now or know everyone's seeding prior to the conclusion of ALL 8 brackets.  All of those scores falling in the lower or upper range will easily juggle up or down somewhere in the eventual merged list of all 8 qualifiers.

It is pure speculation where a 57 in week one or two will end up from a seeding standpoint.

That said, it is very likely, despite both playing in week 1 … once the qualifiers are merged, despite both playing in week 1, both Fmagnets and Young46 will both be #1 seeds in their respective bracket once the scores are merged and the top 8 scores are deemed #1 seeds, if I understand the explanation correctly. 

It can be seeded whenever and it’ll be correct at the time it’s done. He’ll just need to update it after each week which he plans to do.  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2020 2:52 PM

Oops, got my problem sorted I just had to figure out how to use the slidey thing at the bottom. :-((

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2020 6:05 PM

MattMaher35:
    It can be seeded whenever

Not according to wgtchampions post, seeding requires 128 scores.

WGTChampion:
    Once the top 128 are confirmed for the bracket stage, players will be seeded by their qualifying score. 

You can try and project where people may fall based on weekly results but there remains a lot of scores yet to be posted... until more and more qualifiers end.  

Then the question arises... with the travel restrictions and shutting down of professional sporting events... will the event even happen?  A lot seems up in the air, unfortunately.  

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 1:12 AM
    i guess jason would change the seedings weekly as results come in then the final seedings will be near to final results.....as for this event happening.....no chance
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 3:19 AM

It seems the ideal time for an online game to have a tournament, certainly there will be no travelling.  What we could do with is some news on what is happening with the "Denmark" one.

RSS