Help › Forums

TV Show/Documentary Suggestions/Thoughts

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 26 2020 7:18 PM (25 replies)
  • WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 9:09 AM

Hello friends,

I figured I would try something new in the forums today because I think there are a lot of people right now wondering what to do with the time they are about to have. I know preparing for the coming weeks should be the main task, but I wanted to start a thread for everyone to recommend their favorite shows or documentaries. You can also post the show you are going to start that you haven't seen before. I for one will be starting McMillions this evening, will let everyone know my thoughts once I complete it. Stay safe everyone and lets help each other.

P.S. If you respond with you are watching old Masters or golf highlights, I want you to know you aren't alone and that the 86' Masters is a great place to start...sorry Greg Norman

-Judge Smails

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 2:00 AM

"Million Little Things" is a great show to watch. I don't miss a episode and I don't watch much TV. Also "911" is a pretty good show. It's about emergency services(firefighters). It's a bit far fetched at times but being a retired firefighter I like shows like this.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2020 3:34 AM
    in these troubled times with corona the best tv would have to be comedy.......only fools and horses is the best british comedy series ever .........and i mean ever.......our friends over the pond would love it.......you plonker rodney
  • craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 8:24 AM

American pickers and storage war's.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 9:03 PM

If it isn't College Football, the only times I turn my TV on is to watch Married With Children....and if I can find it, Two and half Men (w/ Charlie Sheen).

Al Bundy is, and always will be, my hero :-)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 10:03 PM

jayw4862:
    Al Bundy is, and always will be, my hero :-)

I like Ed, too. :-) I watched him mostly in Modern Family, though.

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 10:28 PM

Four touchdowns in one game.    LOL

Check out " Black Watch Snipers" on you tube

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 3:16 AM

Shows and movies to name a few.

Saving Private Ryan

Band of Brothers

Castaway 

Shawshank Redemption 

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (New movie)

1917 (haven’t seen it yet, but sure it’s a shoe in)

Dogfights

Planes Trains and Automobiles 

Uncle Buck

Law and Order

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 9:24 PM

Being old school, I like old stuff ... :-)

My recommendations would be all on DVD, because I don't think any of them are on the air or in syndication anymore ...

1. Northern Exposure - comedy about a group of misfits, living in a small logging town in Alaska ... hilarious and thought-provoking ...

2. Columbo - the dumb looking, cigar smoking , trench-coat wearing sleuth that outthinks his adversaries ... 

3. Monk - obsessive compulsive detective ... another hilarious show ... 7 thumbs up ...

And a movie that I haven't seen yet but need to .... Shindler's List ... 

RSS