Forums

Help › Forums

Live Series

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 20 2020 9:57 AM (24 replies)
  • fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 11:01 AM

Considering the pace the number of U.S cases of coronavirus is going up, not sure it's safer to invite U.S players than any other country players (maybe China and South Korea would be the exceptions...maybe!)

If the virus was the issue then why just not canceling the event in Vegas and keep it the way it was so everybody plays from home, safe and fearless. The reasons/motivation for these picks might be somewhere else (budget is the only thing that comes to mind but it doesn't look good to admit it, does it?)

Why just 4 players when it's been 10 from the beginning? Why U.S players only? Why an invitational event? Could have been a selected qualifiers between all the finalists of the 2 first months as well (fair enough?)

What bothers me the most is that WGT doesn't feel the need to justify the decisions made and once again leave the community in the dark while 1 or 2 players seem to be in the loop. Tell me about "preferential & selective" stuff KP. Maybe Young46 can answer these questions? He seems to be one of them.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 11:22 AM

• paultownson
    1,909 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 11:41 AM

Great competition and I'll enjoy watching the 4 brilliant US players battle it out.  However, I just feel a little bit deflated this month.  I was looking forward to another qualifier and the dream of that elusive top 10...…………... 

It'll be a long 4 weeks wait now.

P.

Some good points there fred.

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 11:48 AM

RULE Nº 1:

The Boss is always right.

RULE Nº 2:

In the event that the Chief is not right, NORM 1 will apply

QUESTION :

WHO IS THE BOSS ?

Meowwwwwwwwww !!!!!!

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 12:18 PM

TopShelf2010:

Unless I am mistaken, this is simply a "promotional" event.

Don

And?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 1:09 PM

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 2:20 PM

TopShelf2010:

And what if you were one of the players invited to this event?

Would you still be bitching and moaning about the process?

I'm sorry... all this whining and complaining seems rather childish. Like the DUFF that didn't get a date for her senior prom.

Don

You sound pretty limited TopShelf2010 so I'll try to help to understand what being open minded means.

1st, if I was invited to be part of it, there's a very little chance I would be able to go so I'm not feeling like I'm missing any date or any prom.

2nd, What do you read there boss?

My posts are not to serve my own interest but to find some fairness I think is due to the COMMUNITY (yeah, just few more than 10 millions who probably and averagely play for a little more than $1/day) who I think deserves more transparency than this since this same COMMUNITY (Yes! EVEN YOU!!!) is what DOES this game...Agreed TopThing2010?? (try to imagine what would be the game if the community was composed by Young46 and you only and maybe, I repeat MAYBE will come in your mind a sense of respect for the "FEW" others who are around today)

My remarks (or bitching, or moaning, whatever you wanna call it) are about the communication. This event has been played worldwide the 1st 2 months of the year, for the best interest of WGT (promotional, revenue, fun, interactions...)  Now WGT changes the rules of an event that earned its success based on the numbers (the hundreds who played the qualifiers during these 2 months, not only the 10 who qualified each month) without feeling the need to explain to these same hundreds of players why and how? Or even inform in advance, at the beginning of the year when they announced their events schedule.  Looks a little autocratic and disrespectful to me! 

Now, if you want to promote the game by inviting 4 players of your choice in Vegas and have a mini tournament, fine...don't see any problem with that. Just call it whatever you want but not the name of an existing event played by so many and  is completely different of what you intend to do.

Finally, my words are addressed to WGT, as a member of this community, and they  are just asking for more transparency and a good communication. I don't think I've mentioned TopShelf2010 once in any of them.

You want to serve the community? Just Hide a little bit buddy! Quit trolling the forum, trying to sound smart or great for the game everytime somebody has an issue with it, especially when they make sense. You too often sound pathetic in your responses and you don't help yourself either.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 2:23 PM

I think communication and transparency are key here, the first most of us heard about this was in this thread and clearly others knew before.  The only mention of it from WGT was on the 26th March.....This month will feature four top players, going head-to-head in an Invitational tournament -- live from the TCL Lounge at Topgolf Las Vegas.

More details are coming soon, so stay tuned for more information…

The more details that are coming soon are less needed now.

Looking forward:

The WGT Live Series is a monthly esports tournament series, all featuring a live streamed competition.

The 2020 season will include various types of events, including both remote and in-person competitions that will be streamed each month featuring top WGT players.

Anyone can tune in to watch the live streams on our Twitch and YouTube channels.

Full schedule of events coming soon...

Coming soon again :-/

It really would be good to know what the competition is, maybe there will be similar invitationals in other countries and getting up the leaderboard to qualify as the fourth highest Turk (for example) will become important. It would seem fair if everyone  understood where to best direct their efforts.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 3:18 PM

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 3:49 PM

TopShelf2010:

DodgyPutter:
    This month will feature four top players, going head-to-head in an Invitational tournament

Thanks Dodgy... that was the whole point I was getting at.

This event is CLEARLY stated as March INVITATIONAL. It was my understanding that even though it is listed as a Live Series event, this special event was invite only and separate from the ongoing championship series.

No problem. 

This Live Event is for U.S. players, World Ranking points were used to determine invites.

That is not seperate or really invitational, at least in any real sense.  As well saying the top 10 in the pervious qualifiers were "invited" to take part the live event, if any couldn't or didn't want to the person in 11th was "invited".

With this only someone who had already played in at least one of the two previous ones, and was American, had a chance of being "inviited".

RSS