Forums

Help › Forums

Live Series

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 20 2020 9:57 AM (24 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2020 4:46 AM

Just wondering, why is there a leader board ranking, if you are going to randomly pick 4 players?  

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2020 5:15 AM

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2020 6:59 AM

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/619955.aspx

The players that got the invite are, Payton, Young46, Jsmithers, and Frenchconnect

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2020 7:04 AM

Woodoworkery:

Just wondering, why is there a leader board ranking, if you are going to randomly pick 4 players?  

Woodoworkery:

The players that got the invite are, Payton, Young46, Jsmithers, and Frenchconnect

This Live Event is for U.S. players, World Ranking points were used to determine invites.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2020 7:09 AM

Young46:

Woodoworkery:

Woodoworkery:

This Live Event is for U.S. players, World Ranking points were used to determine invites.

Ok Jason thanks, did not know it was US players only. Thank you for the reply

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2020 3:47 PM

Young46:

Any of you from New York? Augusta? 

Getting ranking points from the event would be really odd, although I'm sure you're not :-))

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2020 7:51 PM

DodgyPutter:

Young46:

Any of you from New York? Augusta? 

Getting ranking points from the event would be really odd, although I'm sure you're not :-))

There won't be any World Ranking points given for the event.

• kelsp
    2,197 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 9:02 AM

Young46:

They never said so earlier Jason, it seems the rules chanage on the fly(What's the point of rankings system). Not that I qualified but whatever merit(if such a thing even exists) they don't seem to abide by it. 

If rthis decision was taken later due to current health issues affecting globally one could understand but it apprently was planned well before with the process being opaque.

P.S. I'm not speaking on my behalf alone(I'm low in the rankings anyway so would not matter) and I do like all the awesome players chosen to play but it still feels preferential & selective.

-kp

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 9:33 AM

What are you guys talking about? No qualifiers for the Live Series this Month? Might have missed the thread mentioning it and even more the com from WGT about any invites or whatever rules were used to designate whatever players...Can you help me kp?

Edit: Nevermind, found it! 

Re-Edit: Part of it at least...Young46 is way more informed than us regarding the picks ("U.S players, World Ranking points" unless I missed it again!)

Seems like WGT is playing greedy on this one! Can't afford a ticket from India or Greece, or Italy, or Brazil, or...?) Thought it would (at least) be fair to invite January and February's winners first and have them free to accept or decline...but eh! The rules are the rules, wherever they're written! (If this was the process used and we're not aware, then just dismiss this post and next time, make sure the whole community is in the loop in your Com, will look less like a "mini-club")

Have fun in Vegas guys!

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Fri, Mar 6 2020 10:24 AM

kelsp:

Young46:

They never said so earlier Jason, it seems the rules chanage on the fly(What's the point of rankings system). Not that I qualified but whatever merit(if such a thing even exists) they don't seem to abide by it. 

If rthis decision was taken later due to current health issues affecting globally one could understand but it apprently was planned well before with the process being opaque.

P.S. I'm not speaking on my behalf alone(I'm low in the rankings anyway so would not matter) and I do like all the awesome players chosen to play but it still feels preferential & selective.

-kp

KP They have mentioned the risk of travel at this time with the outbreak of this new media driven coronavirus.  Not sure if that plays into their decision or not.

RSS