Help › Forums

WIND VARIABLES

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 16 2020 8:59 AM (53 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 3:23 PM

Mythanatos:
    I haven't seen anything that stupid posted in a public forum in a while. And i have friends that make FB posts supporting Commie Bernie.

And it's a while since I've seen a shot that cheap.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 6:47 PM

It's amazing what you learn by sitting back and reading, and rereading. Eariler in this thread, I posted something, which was thought to be a strange occurance.  I recieved a few comments,  both pro and con,  but matters not.   Some have talked about precision and etc of clubs and balls, which may or may not play into that scenerio.  I've seen others say that it's their game and their rules,  BUT, the most important thing that hasn't been addressed, is that it's my dime.  I'm in my 1290th day playing,  I have over 4800 ranked rounds,  my stats aren't the best, but far from the worst, and I think I know when I get wgt-ed, on a wtf shot, or putt.  I understand that they are a business, and their need to make money, that being said, they should take care of their customers.  I'm not saying to make this game as easy as putt, putt, golf.   But come on, these forums are full of all kinds of problems.  Are they glitches, screwing,  whatever, so it's rather simple, whenever I get out and out screwed, I quit giving them my money, I use the starters.  It doesn't hurt me at all to shoot a high score due to starter balls, as it can't hurt my average, or I can't get higher tiered, cuz there is nothing.  Constantly hearing,  more to come, yea right.  Bottom line is,  argue all you want, about its their fault, your fault, etc,   stop spending, and maybe it will get straightened out.  if not do like I do,   play another game, there's lots of them,,out there.  They need to learn, not to bite the hand that feeds them. 

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 7:21 PM

Luckystar5:
    these forums are full of all kinds of problems.  Are they glitches, screwing,  whatever, so it's rather simple, whenever I get out and out screwed, I quit giving them my money, I use the starters.  It doesn't hurt me at all to shoot a high score due to starter balls, as it can't hurt my average, or I can't get higher tiered, cuz there is nothing.  Constantly hearing,  more to come, yea right.  Bottom line is,  argue all you want, about its their fault, your fault, etc,   stop spending, and maybe it will get straightened out.

IMO, there's nothing to get straightened out. The reason people struggle is because they don't know what they're doing, and they haven't taken the time to learn why shots do what they do. What makes this game great is that it's a constant challenge, and it's not a simple golf game. What works for one shot will not always work for another. There are too many variables, just like with real golf. There are too many great players who have figured out how to play, so if the game was at fault, it would effect them, too. 

No one wants to believe that the reason they can't consistently break 50 is because they're not very good. It's much easier to blame the game, or the dark forces that run WGT from their super-secret underground lair located beneath the 18th green at Pebble Beach, than it is to take the time to learn. 

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 7:41 PM

Luckystar5:
    I think I know when I get wgt-ed

Here's the thing, and its very simple, there's a reason behind every poor shot.

Some people have the aptitude to recognise what took place, and others don't. You obviously don't.

You'll learn more from your mistakes by understanding them, instead of whinging, making excuses, and blaming others.

Good life advice too.

Enjoy your house rock.

• Rebellion27
    27 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 4:49 AM

they play matchplay at the same time so get same winds, this post is in regard to single play tournies/readies/brackets. Interested to hear the wind idea!

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 11:41 PM

It is people like Ed and Mythanatos who bring a player like myself to continue playing and striving to get better at this game. They give the cold hard truth and offer nothing more than a conservative explanation towards the ultimate goal: select a shot, execute, assess, and then learn from it. Thank you guys for giving it straight! 

Cheers,

BABZILLA 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 9:53 AM

Pc version may play just fine, but we on the mobile side have lots of glitches, espically when they fix the pc problems.  All of those that claim that everything is just hunky dory, should come down off your high horse, and over to the mobile version and try it.  If you dont, then don't try to explain precision, and all that other garbage you push.  If you haven't tried it, then you don't know. 

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 3:58 PM

I had to play a bracket round on my iPad today, and I was surprised at how much easier the mobile game is compared to flash or PCEA. Putting especially. It seems like all you have to do is set the pointer in approximately the right spot and get the distance right and putts just drop. Maybe it was just one of those rounds where everything just works, but there seems to be more forgiveness when it comes to missing the ding than with the other versions.

I'm not at all surprised there are players who've only been playing for a year or less that are able to obtain TL or Champ rankings, because the learning curve for mobile is nowhere near as steep as it is with flash. If this is the way the game is going, the days of only having a handful of top players is over. Now it seems like anyone who puts in a little time can master the game as long as they stick to mobile. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 6:08 PM

Luckystar5:
    but we on the mobile side have lots of glitches,

while I am not a dedicated mobile player, I would agree with this.  I have logged a few thousand or more coin games.

Sadly the latest update appears to have caused some problems that didn't use to be problems.  I have always felt, believed, and observed coin games to have more variance than you would usually observe in regular ranked rounds. 

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 10:27 PM

Luckystar5:
    Pc version may play just fine, but we on the mobile side have lots of glitches

Rubbish.

I bought a new MacBook Air yesterday because my MacBook Pro’s screen decided it had had enough. It’s now in the shop getting repaired.

Anyway, FlashPlayer was nowhere near stable using Firefox, particularly on the greens where it counts. The dots were two paced, and the meter was jumping all over the place like a toddler on red cordial. This cost me quite a few rounds and potential winnings as a result.

In general, FlashPlayer needs constant reinstalling, every 2-3 days. 

So, please spare me your rubbish. 

RSS