Forums

Help › Forums

225 credits

Tue, Mar 17 2020 5:09 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 6:22 AM

This is the amount I've just been awarded for making it to Tour Legend, I don't mean to sound ungrateful but it's not a great amount of compensation for the fact I'll probably never earn another credit it the game lol.

The other message I received was " 0 items unlocked", which made me think that a proper reward for making it this far might have been " All items unlocked". At my level and rate of play I'm still years away from the final step to the top tier of equipement with not much in between that's useful to me. But cheers for the 225 credits anyway, if only it was possible to buy one ball.

I've noted that there seem to be very few Tour Legend Ready Go games is that because there are few Tour Legends? Not sure of the reason for that.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 6:58 AM

You’re exactly that, sounding ungrateful. You received free stuff, and yet manage to complain. 

• Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 8:21 AM

Lol, you got me I wasn't being sincere when I said I didn't want to sound ungrateful.

But on the other hand I dont feel the 225cr was free. 10 years playing, hundreds of pounds spent, I feel I earned it. I really do think that equipement at some point should be tier based and as I'm at TL now I strongly feel that TL would be the perfect place to start.

Maybe that's a coincidence, maybe not, but this is by far the grindiest game I've ever played.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 8:28 AM

Jimac55:
    I've noted that there seem to be very few Tour Legend Ready Go games is that because there are few Tour Legends?

uh, few?  Not sure where you are looking, but there is only 1 each cycle... Sometimes it appears there are 2 because they take so long to fill up... I believe there was a time when there were  potentially 3 listed at one time -- again because they take so long to fill up.  

Better chance of making a few credits in the free weekly tournaments than trying to earn credits in the tierless RG's those tend to be dominated by the best players in the game. 

Jimac55:
    Maybe that's a coincidence, maybe not, but this is by far the grindiest game I've ever played.

Over the course of 10 years, one would think even if you played 1 hole a day with a  free ball to keep your CDP streak going, you could have built up your CDP a few times and even lost it and started over, and still ended up earning enough XP to unlock all the equipment in the game by now.  That is the value of keeping it going. 

Yes, it can be a grind, but reading the forums, following tips shared can also minimize the grind in a variety of ways.  Such things make a big difference... now you are trying to "catch up" and seemingly blaming the game for not offering what you could have easily acquired had you just done that one relatively simple thing, even if it was only for half the time you have been on WGT in 10 years.  

The game did offer you an easier route, you just didn't use it.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 10:31 AM

Jimac55:
    it's not a great amount of compensation
    The sum is quite a honest statement of players' benefits' output, isn't it?

And, you're better off than me:

I see "earn 225 cr for advancing to TL" as a carrot each time I open the game client, and this will continue as long as I'll be playing the game :(

• Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 11:54 AM

el3n1, you are of course right, I could have made it to the top equipement by now easily and my only excuse is the same one everyone makes I have other things I do. But in my case the other things were in large part playing other games.

I do love golf games though and keep coming back to this as it's the best golf game around but my experience of other games gives me the perpective to state again, without fear of contradiction, that this is the grindiest game I've ever played lol.

Btw I have a page of yours saved where you give distances for the srixon 13 which was a lot of help to me so thanks for that.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 12:14 PM

Jimac55:
    Btw I have a page of yours saved where you give distances for the srixon 13 which was a lot of help to me so thanks for that.

Sounds great!  If you start dabbling with apparel on mobile or EA version that tweaks your yardages on your irons.  I have worked with "estimating" new yardages using a solve for x type formula.  Saved it for now on my wall with blog entries.  It may not be perfect, but it usually works well enough for coin games unless you want to remap your irons/ clubs.  The key is not to mess with your iron spin because that does throw things off.   

In the past, I used the free monthly ball offered which was the equivalent to the L13 Srixon.  Since WGT did away with that, I am looking at downgrading again.  Coin games with maxed apparel just seem to allow you to play a cheaper ball imho.

Also, it has been suggested used the XP boosting apparel and then watching the follow up video for extra XP can be the next fastest way to level up or accumulate XP.  Just a option to consider if you decide to try the grind again. : )

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sat, Feb 29 2020 10:37 AM
    Congrats on the tier up
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Feb 29 2020 11:12 AM

• Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Sat, Feb 29 2020 4:45 PM

Thanks Conner/ Don.

Don are you telling me that the saturation number is 300 for Champ lvl. Not that it makes much difference really I can't see any value in getting there anyway, so if it happens it happens.

I was a long time at legend, so a lot more than 250 games lol. I left the game after a windows update that made my meter and game unplayable, when I came back buying equipment was related to tier and not lvl. I think I was a lvl 16 Legend and it took a while to get clubs that could cope with the back tees, not much fun till lvl 48 and a decent driver I can tell you. That experience  is what informs my opinion that lvl should qualify for equipment as well as or instead of tier.

That might not be in WGT's financial interest though, so probably no joy there, but if you don't ask you don't get, as we say here.

• PAGES
RSS