skip nav

Forums

watch updating your browsers

Fri, Feb 28 2020 11:56 AM by JimbeauC. 22 replies.
  • borntobesting United States
    8,503 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2020 10:59 AM

Some browsers no longer support flash, The latest version of Vivaldi is one of them. Even with the settings set to allow flash on the pages that are flash dependent the puzzle piece where you could enable flash says this plugin is not supported. 

• TopShelf2010 United States
    9,509 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2020 11:23 AM

borntobesting:

Some browsers no longer support flash, The latest version of Vivaldi is one of them. Even with the settings set to allow flash on the pages that are flash dependent the puzzle piece where you could enable flash says this plugin is not supported. 

And so it begins my friend.

Thanks for sharing.

Don

• garyk49 United States
    1,625 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2020 12:03 PM

I have already run into it with Firefox.  Currently using for main page and forums Torch version 65.0.0.1613 (32 bit)  for a number of places and it runs flash content just fine.

I believe that WGT changed something a short while back.  I had not updated neither flash nor Firefox, but all of a sudden I was having to re-enable flash on every page.  Already had Torch installed, started using it and it worked fine.  Every once in a while I have to tell it to run flash but normally not.

• borntobesting United States
    8,503 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2020 12:10 PM

It appears that somehow flash was uninstalled. I reinstalled flash and Vivaldi once again allows and runs flash. 

9,509 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2020 12:18 PM

borntobesting:

It appears that somehow flash was uninstalled. I reinstalled flash and Vivaldi once again allows and runs flash. 

Cool... glad it worked out for you J.

I have to ask, and this goes for everyone reading...

Would it not simply be easier to download PCEA and rid yourself of the hassles of Flash?

Just asking

Don

• YankeeJim United States
    25,186 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2020 12:21 PM

TopShelf2010:
    Would it not simply be easier to download PCEA and rid yourself of the hassles of Flash?

Not if you don't have any issues with Flash.  :-)

• twinponds169 United States
    1,974 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2020 12:33 PM

TopShelf2010:

Yes, if you don't have any issues with being force fed to play mobile.

9,509 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2020 1:22 PM

twinponds169:

TopShelf2010:

I am afraid that as the days go by, it will be just the tip of the iceberg for many. As more and more players begin to have difficulty running Flash, the Forums will become flooded with complaints that they cannot play.

I can only imagine how many players will complain about losing their CDP when D day arrives.

As someone mentioned recently, there are A LOT of players that do not even know about these Forums. Which leads me to believe they are completely unaware of the demise of Flash. Hate to say it, but they are in for a rude awakening when the time comes.

For the record, I truly enjoy playing the flash version. I simply do not want to have to jump through hoops to play. I am with the many, that as long as I can play flash I will. But I have also been playing PCEA so it will not be a complete shock to me IF the option to play flash becomes too difficult.

And honestly, PCEA is not as bad as so many are making it out to be. Yes, it is definitely different. It does take some getting used too.

Okay, I'm rambling now.

Carry on

LOL

Don

• kipdog87
    1,773 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2020 2:15 PM

I agree with you Don, i will play a bit just for my CD but unless wgt can match the Pc i don't care as the putting is poor. 

Mick

• DodgyPutter United Kingdom
    3,547 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2020 2:38 PM

TopShelf2010:

twinponds169:

TopShelf2010:

I am afraid that as the days go by, it will be just the tip of the iceberg for many. As more and more players begin to have difficulty running Flash, the Forums will become flooded with complaints that they cannot play.

The tip of what iceberg?  The thread was opened by someone saying they couldn't run flash on a particular browser, just over an hour later he said he could.  

RSS