Forums

Help › Forums

Mac Meter Issues

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 25 2020 12:48 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
    4,109 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2020 6:17 AM

I've recently been trying the EA version of the game and like it.  I play on a desktop Mac.

One thing that I have noticed is there are random times when I try to hit the ding, my click does not register until it is well past the ding line.  Like an inch past!  This sends the ball flying way to the right.  I've lost at least a sleeve of balls so far because of this.  I wish it would not register at all because then It would be a practice swing.

Interesting to note that I do get almost full distance for such a bad miss, which seems odd.  In the flash version, a similar miss behaves much differently.  Take a look at this re-creation of the same miss in flash.  You can't see it, but my ding was a over an inch to the right of the ding line, in the black zone.  Lousy shot, but at least playable.

I've never had this issue on the flash version (and still don't) so please don't suggest a new mouse.

Any other Mac users having this problem?  Hard to play when you never know when it will happen next.  Now I'm skittish and miss too early because if I hold off a smidge longer, it could be bye bye to another ball.

Please help!

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2020 4:34 PM

Depending on what you're using (iMac, MacPro etc) and the year of model, you're probably experiencing polling issues, earlier iMacs polled at around 125 or so, unlike most PC's where you could adjust polling without issues, if you set polling on a mouse too high on the iMac's it caused huge lag in certain games.

Mac vs PC when it comes to polling rates in games can be much different. 

On my iMac I notice that I have to reduce the polling rate on my Death Adder for instance to below 500 where as playing the same game on the Windows machine it's running at 1000. 

If you're using a gaming mouse, high polling rates can 'flood' if you move the mouse as you're trying to click at the same time, this has been an issue for Mac's for some time depending on the mouse and game. 

If you're not using a gaming mouse then you'll probably just have to wait it out as they might not have that part of the 'network code' tweaked yet. One possible issue. Could also be same if you're using a Bluetooth mouse.

When I play PCEA on my Dell with a Death Adder I have the polling set low so that I'm not 'grabbing' the instant I click the button, helps a lot with hitting very close to the ding (which helps with putting for sure).

The suggestion of buying a new mouse might be what you may at some point need to do, but hopefully that's fixed as the Mac version moves along.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2020 5:33 PM

@dedBuNNy

How precise!

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2020 7:03 PM

dedBuNNy:
    When I play PCEA on my Dell with a Death Adder I have the polling set low
    where does one go to set polling?  (Windows 10)

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2020 2:55 AM

Polling is done through your mouse usually. Some 'gaming' motherboards have the option as well but not many.

It's usually with the software that comes with a gaming mouse. 

Razer, SteelSeries, Logitech... 

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2020 8:29 AM

dedBuNNy:

Polling is done through your mouse usually. Some 'gaming' motherboards have the option as well but not many.

Thanks.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2020 8:43 AM

dedBuNNy:

Hi Ed, OP (8802)

I wont be as sketchy as Ed or will i! ;)

Very bottom of bottom pic is Polling Rate for Steelseries

Ken

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2020 8:44 AM

@ 8802

Hello

I have the same issue you mentioned. I cannot get a ding for some mystic reason. Either it too late or its too early. The most slowest the meter is the the more worse it gets. This is the one reason iam not playing it, at present. 

When the launcher was introduced to Mac, it was kinda ok ding because all I had to do was, keep the cursor little past the ding line n click n "VOILA". Having said that, it didn't last long as there came another update n got messed up.

I have one more issue.

My graphics is kinda glittering. Like the stars throwing some fun around silver sands from mighty height lol

So far, these 2 issues are game on n thus very hard to play in Mac :) 

- Carl 

4,109 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2020 8:48 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I did write to WGT yesterday and shortly after received a reply reminding me that PCEA is a work in progress (beta) and they are still working things out.

I'll sit tight and see how it goes for now.  I remember when the Mac download of EA first came out, I could not get it to work.  I kept getting an error message.  I tried again a few weeks later and the install went smoothly.  Hopefully this issue will get taken care of as well.

Fingers crossed...

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2020 10:22 AM

Kenher01:

I wont be as sketchy as Ed or will i! ;)

Ken

Challenge accepted!!!  LoL ;)

I like SS control panel the best of all of them, the Razer one is okay, but SS shows more details and they make a great product, their mechanical keyboards are sweet! 

• PAGES
RSS