Forums

Help › Forums

J.C Sneed

Mon, Nov 21 2022 12:42 PM (73 replies)
  • SpauldingSmails3
    260 Posts
    Tue, Apr 21 2020 4:35 PM

goldeena I will keep this simple.  Apparently you need to apply your knowledge to your game.  All that useless cartoon golf junk should be put to good use.  My brain became soup trying to keep up with the babble.  Good luck with that hooooge brain and practice your putting.   

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 1:51 PM

SpauldingSmails3:

All that useless cartoon golf junk should be put to good use.

What is cartoon golf?

• JCSneed
    54 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 2:02 PM

The Mystery of the First Grid Square: Or Why In The Hell Does It Count For 15 Feet Instead Of 10 Feet Like The Rest Of the Grid Squares?

Simple real world physics apply to the first grid square. If you've calculated your ball speed correctly enough to get it in the right neighborhood, it should be slowing down the closer it gets to the hole. And if it's slowing down closer to the hole, any break in your putting line will be more exaggerated and will affect the path of your ball the closer you get to the hole as opposed to being, say, 15 feet away from the hole.

Have I performed NASA level type linear regressions to prove this theory of extra break nearer to the hole? Hell no. I just played the physical game of golf for 30 years and know that's what happens in the real world, so why wouldn't the game designers include it in this game? That, and the fact that it works in this game is all I need to know.

Keep 'em dry & in the short stuff.

JC

p.s. During my hiatus away from the game my Country Club, Augusta National, has bumped me off the membership roll. Any decent CC out there who wants to have The Man, The Myth, The Legend JC Sneed listed among their membership is welcome to invite me.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 3:57 PM
  • pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2020 4:58 AM

You say check the line using Chip...but don't say how can check using chip.

I am one of those who struggle with putting.  My scores are 100% reliant on close approaches (within 2 yards).  If I get outside of 5', my make percentage goes from 48% to 12% in putts from 5' to 15'.

That said my misses are not egregious misses, and usually right on the edge.

So I ask....how does one check their putting line using Chip View?

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2020 7:11 AM

when on the green go to chip mode.....it gives you wedge.....gives you chip view where the dots may be clearer to count.....

• SpauldingSmails3
    260 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2020 2:00 AM

I have a quick question for tony08888.  What program did you use to get that overlay?  That is slick.  I have been looking for that exact type of thing. Also just make sure your first grid is scaled correctly.  Cause that last file you have is 0 / 5 / 10 / 12.5 / 15.  Should be 0 / 3.75 / 7.5 / 11.25 / 15 on first grid if you are quartering it.

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2020 10:00 AM

Good deal Spaulding. Thanks for the tip.

I use an iOS pdf editing app called GoodReader. In order to mark up a picture you first need to insert it into a word doc and then export the doc into pdf. From there you can do quite a bit with this app. To do more sophisticated markups you would need something like Bluebeam running on a PC.

• Rebellion27
    27 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2020 3:06 AM

Glad someone mentioned the green speeds! Learning the Sneed way, but surely there has to be a big difference in dot count/aim for a 15ft uphill putt on 9 greens vs the same putt on 13 greens? Any info would be welcome! IS there a specific speed it works best on? Cheers Yiannis

RSS