Forums

Help › Forums

J.C Sneed

Mon, Nov 21 2022 12:42 PM (73 replies)
  • misterwyatt
    37 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 8:51 PM

Babzilla33:

I have been using JC Sneed from the beginning and as mentioned before, it is predominantly relied on your counting “pace”. At first I was counting too slow and thought my formula was wrong but once I realized I needed to count faster, putts began dropping from various distances even up to 20+ft. Jason (Young46) posted an early version for pc back in the day as well as a mobile version for those trying to get a better understanding.  

What I have found works for me is that I’ve combined the information from both videos. Using information with the elevation break formula along with the new grid values I choose a point that has the strongest chance to fall on the high side and I set my sights to see that line. It may all sound crazy but I’ve kept track of my putting stats over the course of this time and it increases every month.

Are you on Mobile/steam/new version and which grids are you using? 15, 25, 35 etc or 15, 30, 45 etc

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Wed, Apr 15 2020 1:37 PM

misterwyatt:

I play on iPad. My numbers are 10, 15, 22.5, 30, 37.5, 45.

10-first line, 15-following gap, 22.5- second line and so forth.  

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Apr 15 2020 4:09 PM

i use on wgt flash ....15  25 35 so on..on launcher it works out at 10 each grid.....6 seconds full grid as full 100 % break on both flash and launcher.....seems good if i get the putt speed right......my issue is missing the ding lol.......

ps the way babzilla is playing lately just shows that it works.......respect mickey
  • Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 4:36 PM

MGB01:

i use on wgt flash ....15  25 35 so on..on launcher it works out at 10 each grid.....6 seconds full grid as full 100 % break on both flash and launcher.....seems good if i get the putt speed right......my issue is missing the ding lol.......

ps the way babzilla is playing lately just shows that it works.......respect mickey

Thank you for the kind words. Every aspect of my game is misding. I usually get worse results if I ding. At first I was counting in my head, the problem I found with this for me was it had to be the “correct” pace. I since switched to a stopwatch (which is constant) and have devised my new break formula to be based off of that singular constant. This has helped me get to 68% 1-putt. 

Cheers,

Ross 

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 11:44 AM
    Babzilla33:

MGB01:

Thank you for the kind words. Every aspect of my game is misding. I usually get worse results if I ding. At first I was counting in my head, the problem I found with this for me was it had to be the “correct” pace. I since switched to a stopwatch (which is constant) and have devised my new break formula to be based off of that singular constant. This has helped me get to 68% 1-putt. 

Cheers,

Ross 

the counting is the big issue ross....i should check my count with a stopwatch lol..if you use a stopwatch then thats best way then i guess you have your base number......i have been thinking about switching to off ding putting myself because trying to ding my putts costs me 5 putts a round.....just keep doing what seems to be working for you......well done on etour also buddy
  • Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 2:02 PM

MGB01:
    Babzilla33:

MGB01:

Cheers,

Ross 

the counting is the big issue ross....i should check my count with a stopwatch lol..if you use a stopwatch then thats best way then i guess you have your base number......i have been thinking about switching to off ding putting myself because trying to ding my putts costs me 5 putts a round.....just keep doing what seems to be working for you......well done on etour also buddy

Thank you Mickey!

The dot timing was always the priority Bc if that’s wrong then it didn’t matter what I changed with my formula unless I created a singular constant such as the stopwatch. Misding has been a forgiveness factor for me. If I’m playing standard (7.9 8 9) greens I usually leave it on the aim number. However if I’m on (10-14) greens I will add 1-2% to my aim number just to be sure my putt stays above the hole. Also the angle THR line creates from the putter to the hole will give a great idea of whether the putt will move right away or slow drift. That slight correction has been a big factor in making more putts.

Hopefully it helps you find more consistent numbers for your aiming and those putts keep dropping! 

Cheers,

BABZ 

• JCSneed
    54 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 1:59 PM

You're welcome.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 2:46 PM

😮

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts