25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 1:09 PM

Lookit Champ posting the same thing in multiple threads!  :-O

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 2:33 PM

AlaskanDame:

MarchieB:
    Just a curious question, why is everyone so Happy about this? I don’t get it. Is there something I’m missing? What’s so good about Steam?
    +1

Will the downloading be easier?  And the updates?

Yes it will be. Steam and the apps update everytime you boot the computer

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 3:38 PM

DonCaron:

AlaskanDame:

MarchieB:
    Just a curious question, why is everyone so Happy about this? I don’t get it. Is there something I’m missing? What’s so good about Steam?
    +1

Will the downloading be easier?  And the updates?

Yes it will be. Steam and the apps update everytime you boot the computer

Steam will only update if you have it starting at computer startup, that can be changed in settings.  But, if not starting with computer, it will automatically update when you start it.  If like other games on steam, you can control updates to the game(unlike now, but the game may work the same way as now, and not allow play until it has updated)

If you have never played games on Steam, Origin, or UPlay, you are in for a bit of learning curve.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 4:32 PM

garyk49:

Steam will only update if you have it starting at computer startup, that can be changed in settings.  But, if not starting with computer, it will automatically update when you start it.  If like other games on steam, you can control updates to the game(unlike now, but the game may work the same way as now, and not allow play until it has updated)

If you have never played games on Steam, Origin, or UPlay, you are in for a bit of learning curve.

I shut it off of updating for about a year and it gave me fits when I tried using it again. I had to uninstall it and reinstall it. A real pain

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 9:01 AM

I’ve never used steam before, (and really don’t want to), but I just downloaded it to my computer and tried to register as a new account. It would not let me register as it said I had to disable my VPN to complete the registry.

I’m very reluctant to disable my VPN just to play a online game.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 1:49 PM

I note that they seem to intend to have Steam achievement awards. Goes nicely with the absurd apparel boosts. 

Oddly, Steam hosts Jack Nicklaus Perfect (Parallel) Golf. That's why I originally had Steam. Have it now because of another game. 

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 3:41 PM
    Oooo
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 4:36 PM

Dave33200:

I’ve never used steam before, (and really don’t want to), but I just downloaded it to my computer and tried to register as a new account. It would not let me register as it said I had to disable my VPN to complete the registry.

I’m very reluctant to disable my VPN just to play a online game.

My best guess would be, Steam is very proactive to cheat software.  They will ban/disable your account in a heartbeat.

If you remember the magic 7 iron on here, would not happen there.  They are way far beyond punk buster.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 6:14 PM

garyk49:

.... hehehehe > <

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 10:46 PM
    These are the recommended specs for steam. OS: Windows 8/10 64-bit (latest Service Pack) Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz Memory: 6 GB RAM Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or ATI Radeon HD 7950 Network: Broadband Internet connection Storage: 30 GB available space Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
RSS