Forums

Help › Forums

Will WGT website be remained after the end of flash?

Sun, Feb 23 2020 2:26 PM (23 replies)
  • Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 4:08 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

This is more of a suggestion rather than a question... IMO it would be very helpful and useful for new players especially if you consider placing a link of MY PROFILE and/or FORUMS on the main screen of mobile/PCEA in your next UI/UX design update. Many mobile players don't even know the existence of WGT website because it is not properly associated.

I believe Simon is asking if there will be a "button" on the home page of the Mobile/PCEA version that says "Forum".

This would be helpful for all those who just download a cool golf app from the app store and have no idea that there is a large community asking questions about the game. This would be helpful.

If I misconstrued your OP Simon, sorry.

~ Tony

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 4:50 AM

Tony, yes that was the OP’s suggestion for the Mobile/PCEA versions, and it was a good one. I agree with Simon that a large number of Mobile players just download the app on their device and play away, oblivious that this site even exists.  Links to this site would be extremely helpful if added to the other versions of game.
    From what I’ve seen in the short time I’ve been playing though is that this type of stuff, the distribution of information and optimization of player knowledge is severely lacking from WGT and it is very often overlooked. I’m sure that when WGT Golf was ONLY a Flash based PC game it worked out well, but for the Mobile/PCEA platforms they have dropped the ball. 
    HOWEVER even with that being said, it doesn’t take much (30 seconds) to type WGT Golf” into a google search bar and scroll through the results to find out that there is an official WGT.com site.

The first part of the OP’s post was about the function of the site itself once Flash was totally killed off. I’ve already mentioned this ... but I’ll say it again ...  

You do not need Flash or a Flash enabled browser to access this forum. The WGT.com site does not need Flash for 99% of its function. You CAN still log in and see the forum, your My Account page, your Profile Page without the need for Flash. You can even send messages for the My Messages tab if there is an existing message thread started. 

There are some functions that will not work but almost all of them are based on playing or accessing the Flash game so they are not necessarily needed

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 5:31 AM

There are a few parts of the website that uses SSL. The account page, messages page (which I find amusing) tournaments pages as well. Oddly the forum is not, yet the front news page is to some degree. 

The PCEA game uses a lot of net/web code, if you're into it and know what you're looking at, run Wireshark while playing the game, interesting.  

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 2:26 PM

Sorry for the late reply. I was away for a short while...

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, Tony and thanks for clarifying, Marchie.

Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just something that looks like this...

RSS