Forums

Help › Forums

Ranked rounds

Sat, Feb 22 2020 12:21 AM (6 replies)
  • BretV23
    5 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 6:56 AM

I know this has been discussed in MANY different threads, however, after reading through many of them, I still cant seem to find an answer to my question.  So here goes.  Is there ANY way to calculate the number of ranked rounds you have played in a tier?  Ex:, I am currently Legend, thought I had already surpassed the 500 ranked rounds that I keep seeing as the magic number for saturation, however, my avg still goes up if i have a bad round, so I am trying to determine where i actually am.  Any REAL help is appreciated, TIA

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 9:19 AM

The answer has been posted a few times, but it may disappear in the heap of postings.

BretV23:
    Is there ANY way to calculate the number of ranked rounds you have played in a tier?

Yes there is.

You'd have to keep notes of scores AND average for a few consecutive(!) and counting(!) ranked rounds (5 - 15) and create a spreadsheet to follow the average's development through these rounds. By varying the starting number of RRs you will soon close in to the correct number.

It helps to play some untypical rounds to see the variation through the spell of the big denominator.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 12:50 PM

• BretV23
    5 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 6:04 AM

Although I DO appreciate you taking the time to answer, your explanation may as well have been in a foreign language.  Keeping notes of scores and averages, I get.  Creating a spreadsheet....not on any list of things i could do.  Again, ty for your reply and the attempt to help, I honestly do appreciate it.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 9:54 AM

You're welcome!

I'm afraid it needs a wee effort in maths, because "average" is a math problem complicated by the big numbers from Legend up.

An easier method is to refrain from the curiosity and from maths and just play until you reach saturation. You won't miss it! (Hint: Average on a downslide, even on rounds above the number)

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 1:39 PM

Yup! he wants effortless solution..don’t we all?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 12:21 AM

Simply waiting IS effortless! <eg>

One more method with a small effort, i.e. being alert, reading a number and writing it down, is to save the number of RRs from the stats when you tier up to Legend. Later, it involves the math to subtract this number from the current number for a precise count of tier RRs.

That's usually not the exact count to saturation, but a good guess.

RSS