sweetheart showdown

Wed, Feb 19 2020 11:29 PM (23 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:33 PM

kavvz:

el3n1:

pmm711:
     A quitter doesn’t stop your showdown round.

As you also note, it depends on the circumstances... but it still goes without saying... the issue could largely be mitigated by simply adjusting what coin rooms are used!  That is by far the easiest fix by WGT... it may not be 100% but it will without question reduce the number of complaints imho.  

How so Ed?  Whether you're in Paris or Bellagio, I'm sure the code behind every room is the same.

I think he's basically saying there are less, well, no quitters in those rooms so the issue would/should never arise if they changed the coin rooms using during Showdowns. But, WGT already addressed the quitter issue during the showdowns so it's something else causing the "freezes".  Those high price coin rooms are deadly unless you're of the caliber of Mags.  To say limit/change the Coin Rooms you can enter during a WGT Showdown is a ludicrous suggestion anyway, well at least IMHO.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:38 PM

pmm711:

kavvz:

el3n1:

pmm711:
     A quitter doesn’t stop your showdown round.

As you also note, it depends on the circumstances... but it still goes without saying... the issue could largely be mitigated by simply adjusting what coin rooms are used!  That is by far the easiest fix by WGT... it may not be 100% but it will without question reduce the number of complaints imho.  

How so Ed?  Whether you're in Paris or Bellagio, I'm sure the code behind every room is the same.

I think he's basically saying there are less, well, no quitters in those rooms so the issue would/should never arise if they changed the coin rooms using during Showdowns. But, WGT already addressed the quitter issue during the showdowns so it's something else causing the "freezes".  Those high price coin rooms are deadly unless you're of the caliber of Mags.  To say limit/change the Coin Rooms you can enter during a WGT Showdown is a ludicrous suggestion anyway, well at least IMHO.

But...doesn't matter what room you quit in the game does the same thing is what I'm trying to say.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:46 PM

kavvz:
    But...doesn't matter what room you quit in the game does the same thing is what I'm trying to say.

I agree...no doubt there.  I think he's making the less/no quitter argument though.  You and I are definitely on the same page.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:49 PM

kavvz:
    How so Ed? 

This issue is more with the type of player you are running into in low stakes rooms for veterans, which I foresee as being the primary room of where complaints are being lodged.

You just don't bump into the type of players that are so willing to just dump coins by quitting, exiting without forfeiting, or whatever else may be undermining the glitch, in the higher stakes rooms.  Yes, WGT is made a corrective coding to intervene but somehow there are still ongoing loop holes where it continues to impact the outcome based on reports in the forum.

I believe veteran is possibly influenced more so than the other groups and veteran scoring is nearly as competitive as expert since some top coin room players are not going to risk 1000 credits until they know the glitches have been worked out.

The players that are bailing and adversely effecting the outcome of some matches are less likely to have the bankroll to just throw away 100k, 250k, 500k and definitely not 2.5M coins.  People tend to be more respectful and compliant as you move up stakes in the coin rooms.* (their will still be exceptions)  

As a result, you just don't see that type of player nearly as often when you adjust what coin room you play in.  Yes, it can still happen but not nearly as often.  It is why I believe it is a much easier fix than trying to come up with coding that tries to rectify every little nuance that may occur when a match end prematurely in some way.

Also, in higher stakes... if someone does quit to save ball hits because they fall behind, they are far more likely to take the time to properly WD by forfeiting which is less likely to cause a glitch in the game.  

And the game doesn't do the same thing for every instance unless people are blatantly giving false reports.  I can only speak for the first 3 showdowns and I witnessed the corrective fix implemented work sometimes and not work other times. 

It just wasn't consistent... Since then this same issue has been reported in each showdown.  So, it seems something else is effecting whether the fix was implemented and whether it actually takes effect. 

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 4:10 PM

pmm711:

I think it’s either an issue with one’s patience or it’s just someone wanting to make a case for a refund.  Especially since you’ve confirmed the match continuing on in solo play from a mobile player’s point of view.

Not true Paul. I have played all the Expert Showdowns and have suffered many forfeited matches. Most of the time it allows you to finish, but twice it has not. Luckily neither time was in the final round, so I was able to recover the score well enough to get through both times.

There is a glitch with the award of an apparel box sometimes. Some error message comes up saying Retry or Cancel. Retry brings up the same error, so you can only cancel. If your opponent quits early, and you get this error message, you can't continue without hitting cancel, and this ends your 3-holes. You cannot complete further holes and so will be awarded bogeys.

Another is if you have a slightly intermittent connection, the game does not handle this very well. If your internet cuts out and returns a second later, the game can struggle to reconnect with you. You are taken back to the lobby to continue the match. But after the 3rd disconnect you are DQed, so you don't just lose the match but are given bogeys for the remaining holes. Even though you are there, are ready to play, and have not disconnected intentionally or for more than 3 very short times, you cannot continue.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 4:16 PM

pmm711:
    But, WGT already addressed the quitter issue during the showdowns so it's something else causing the "freezes".  Those high price coin rooms are deadly unless you're of the caliber of Mags.  To say limit/change the Coin Rooms you can enter during a WGT Showdown is a ludicrous suggestion anyway, well at least IMHO.

The fix is not consistent and doesn't always work.  

It is a joke that Mags is allowed to play EXPERT on forward tee boxes with sponsor apparel that makes the game even easier for him  That is a bit of a joke and the joke is on WGT as it makes the game come across as comical. 

The only reason (I should say primary reason) Mags and other elite players are in such a low stakes room as 100k is because WGT is making them play those stakes.   Otherwise the field of players in the 100k room would be more balanced for the veteran group in that room in particular.  

I suspect the bigger reason WGT doesn't alter the required room is they would fear the Expert group would not be busy enough for the Expert group to get their matches in without sitting and waiting on a match to be made...but during a showdown, it is expected to see more traffic than usual.  So, it is hard to know for certain whether it would be a factor.  

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 4:43 PM

fmagnets:
    Not true Paul. I have played all the Expert Showdowns and have suffered many forfeited matches. Most of the time it allows you to finish, but twice it has not.

Thanks for that input Mags.  I'm sure you've encountered more than I have since you live out there on that island where your internet requires you climb the pole to reconnect at times. :-)  I'm lifting a beer in your honor...cheers! 

• RMS1364
    140 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 4:38 AM

I was playing on mobile device and had someone quit on me, and I was able to complete the two remaining holes. However, I tried to start a match and had to bail, never making it to the point of having an opponent or making the first tee, and it cost me three bogeys. Another scenario that wgt should address. It happened to me the same way in a previous showdown. 

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 5:18 AM

Sad how true this is. A few years back, a huge leaf from a palm tree fell onto the wires outside and every electrical appliance in the street blew up!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 7:52 AM

el3n1:

kavvz:
    How so Ed? 

This issue is more with the type of player you are running into in low stakes rooms for veterans, which I foresee as being the primary room of where complaints are being lodged.

It just wasn't consistent... Since then this same issue has been reported in each showdown.  So, it seems something else is effecting whether the fix was implemented and whether it actually takes effect. 

I see...

But, doesn't it make sense that they'd choose a room commensurate with what level you choose to play in?   If someone chose to play in Beginner or whatever its called, they don't want to be in a room where they're putting up lots of coins I'd imagine.  This latest sweetheart showdown for Expert took place in the Montreal room -- at least for me.

Also, the code handing disconnects is the same regardless of room so I don't think the issue WGT faces is picking the correct room.

I think they need to fix the code handing disconnects and not worry about limiting the room showdown's take place in.

RSS