Forums

Help › Forums

sweetheart showdown

Wed, Feb 19 2020 11:29 PM (23 replies)
  • Didymus
    16 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 10:41 AM

This is the second time this happened, the other guy quits and the game freezes, I can't finish the game and I go +2 because of it. Now I miss the cutoff and that's not right. I had 4 holes to go. Thus needs to be fixed. The last time it happened I got my coins back but that's not why I'm playing, I'm playing to win. Please correct this or get rid of  QUITTERS!!!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 11:04 AM

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 11:20 AM

WGT could mitigate this problem to a large degree by simply adjusting the coin rooms being used.   The lower coin rooms see this happen far more frequently than the high stakes coin rooms.  

So, now I simply check the coin rooms being used at the start of a showdown... If WGT continues to use the coin rooms where this issue is most likely to be observed and experienced... I save myself the time, frustration, and ball hits and DO NOT enter.

This issue is a known problem, has been reported every single showdown... so now it is up to players to make the best possible decision for themselves to avoid the added frustration.

The only option to try and minimize this particular glitch would be play the highest stakes expert division but to do that you are required to spend 1000 credits, which is a bit excessive and ensures you will be forced to compete against elite and esports professionals where 99.9999% of the players have little to no chance to break even.  

Choose wisely.... 

• SeveFrost
    1,491 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 11:29 AM

Didymus, I had the same problem. Luckily I was on a good score so it didn't hurt me but it isn't fair on players who want to complete their games

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 12:14 PM

While I do see this posted each and every showdown, I also know for a fact that when the opponent quits, the game hesitates briefly, then you continue on in solo play.  A quitter doesn’t stop your showdown round.  Out of today’s three 3-hole showdown rounds I had 2 opponents quit but I was still able to complete my rounds.  So WGT has definitely addressed the issue.  BTW, I play the PCEA version via my Windows 10 laptop.

if you’re truly “freezing” when an opponent quits then I think that’s an issue outside of WGT’s jurisdiction.  Maybe it has to do with your device.  Posting details might help.  Such as were you playing the mobile app or PCEA version?  If mobile, what device were you using?  Posting details may reveal a pattern which can then be addressed.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 12:28 PM

pmm711:

While I do see this posted each and every showdown, I also know for a fact that when the opponent quits, the game hesitates briefly, then you continue on in solo play.  A quitter doesn’t stop your showdown round.  Out of today’s three 3-hole showdown rounds I had 2 opponents quit but I was still able to complete my rounds.  So WGT has definitely addressed the issue.  BTW, I play the PCEA version via my Windows 10 laptop.

if you’re truly “freezing” when an opponent quits then I think that’s an issue outside of WGT’s jurisdiction.  Maybe it has to do with your device.  Posting details might help.  Such as were you playing the mobile app or PCEA version?  If mobile, what device were you using?  Posting details may reveal a pattern which can then be addressed.

+1 I've also never been unable to finish my 3 holes when my opponent disconnects - PCEA on Windows and Mac.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 12:42 PM

pmm711:
     A quitter doesn’t stop your showdown round.

As you also note, it depends on the circumstances... but it still goes without saying... the issue could largely be mitigated by simply adjusting what coin rooms are used!  That is by far the easiest fix by WGT... it may not be 100% but it will without question reduce the number of complaints imho.  

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 12:44 PM

I have never had an issue whenever anyone quit on me, I know it was an issue during the very first Showdown.

I'm on Mobile btw

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 2:26 PM

dhjam1:

I have never had an issue whenever anyone quit on me, I know it was an issue during the very first Showdown.

I'm on Mobile btw

I think it’s either an issue with one’s patience or it’s just someone wanting to make a case for a refund.  Especially since you’ve confirmed the match continuing on in solo play from a mobile player’s point of view.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 3:22 PM

el3n1:

pmm711:
     A quitter doesn’t stop your showdown round.

As you also note, it depends on the circumstances... but it still goes without saying... the issue could largely be mitigated by simply adjusting what coin rooms are used!  That is by far the easiest fix by WGT... it may not be 100% but it will without question reduce the number of complaints imho.  

How so Ed?  Whether you're in Paris or Bellagio, I'm sure the code behind every room is the same.

RSS