Help › Forums

Bracket Tournament bug?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 27 2020 2:49 PM (6 replies)
  • RDHacker
    103 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2020 8:01 AM

Two things....

1. I have not been able to enter a CC bracket tourney that is created in flash although I have heard that you can enter through flash and then move to PCEA and play the tourney. Not an big issue since in the long term PCEA version will be the only one left.

2. I create a bracket tournament in PCEA and played a round. Went back to the tourney and the leaderboard link is showing the scores of the players who have finished round 1 even though the bracket is not full. It is not showing the score on the bracket link but there is a leaderboard link and that is where it shows the player scores. You do not see where the player has been placed on the bracket but it seems odd that any scores would be revealed before the bracket is full.

RD

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2020 1:37 PM

Item #2 This has been the case on the Android app. The scores show on the leaderboard but not on the bracket itself. After the bracket fills you can look to see what score your opponent posted before you play. This can give you an advantage when determing how aggressive to play. 

Use that information as you wish.

DJ7

Edited to add this is on CC brackets. Not sure if the same on WGT brackets.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2020 4:25 PM

#1. Could the Tourneys being created in Flash be using one of the courses that does not exist on the PCEA or Mobile Apps??

#2. This is normal for the Mobile/PCEA games. On top of what DJ7 said another issue of this is that if you watch and keep track of the bracket tourney list you can see who the last person was to join and know where they are in the bracket (thereby having ability to chose your opponent by timing when you join the bracket)

• RDHacker
    103 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2020 5:50 AM

It seems that #2 is just an oversight while programming bracket tournaments for the PCEA. There should not be a Leaderboard link... only a link to the bracket.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2020 10:39 AM

I also think that a HUGE improvement would be to have the players RANDOMLY placed into the Bracket slots in the first round rather than the current way of going in order of entry (Side1 top to bottom, Side 2 top to bottom)

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2020 3:23 PM

RDHacker:

It seems that #2 is just an oversight while programming bracket tournaments for the PCEA. There should not be a Leaderboard link... only a link to the bracket.

Amen! Simple math gives your bracket opponent the score to shoot for..

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 2:49 PM

RSS