Forums

Help › Forums

messages from PC to Mobile

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 7 2020 7:30 AM (7 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 9:16 AM

If I send a PM to someone on mobile from a PC will they get it in their inbox ?

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 9:20 AM

No.

As of right now a Mobile player would have to come onto this site, sign in and click on the My Messages button to see any messages.

They should however get the message sent to their Email address and once they get that email they can use the link from it to respond to the message.

That being said . . . a New Messages button was recently added to the Mobile and PCEA Friends page. It still does not function or do anything but I'm guessing that something is coming to those versions at some point soon(???)

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 9:59 AM

From my experience as a totally mobile player and having had many friends also mobile , it appears most don’t link their emails to their account. I don’t know however if the same can be said on the pc forum. 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 10:42 AM

Well that sucks ,  How are we to communicate with mobile people , No wonder I never get a response from mobile players ,  I was beginning to think I smelled bad or something ,  There are a lot of good players on mobile but their profile page says they have no activity ,  Leaving me to believe they don't play ,  I send them me messages and don't get a response . Some of them are in in dead clubs and need to be saved . It looks like we have 2 separate platforms and no way to communicate between the 2 .  

If I go to the mobile app and send them a message will they get it ?  Its a pity that we can put a man on the moon yet they cant figure out how to correlate a web based game .

Ok I went to mobile app and I don't see any way to send a message to mobile players on my friends list .  WTH

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 12:34 PM

There is nowhere on mobile app to send and receive messages . I come into wgt.com to search forums , but a lot of mobile players don’t know about forums , also a lot don’t even know about wall messages because they don’t link their email address to their account. All you can do is friend them and if they accept using your own mobile device play them in a friendly to talk to them .

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 12:57 PM

CEverett12:

If I go to the mobile app and send them a message will they get it ?  Its a pity that we can put a man on the moon yet they cant figure out how to correlate a web based game .

Ok I went to mobile app and I don't see any way to send a message to mobile players on my friends list .  WTH

Right now there is nothing on the Mobile Apps or the Early Access versions to send messages .... but I think it is coming ...I have no idea when but the MESSAGE buttons were just added yesterday so  I would ASSUME it should be here very soon(???)

One thing that was mandatory when I joined my new CC a few weeks ago was that you were told to go to your Account page, under contact info and make sure that "Receive emails from my country club" and "Receive emails from my country club owner" were checked off.

The thing is that I'm sure there are Mobile players who have NEVER even seen this site. Hopefully there are changes that allow Mobile, PCEA and Flash players to communicate with each other much easier

• BogeyOne
    1,961 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 8:03 AM

Don't expect much from a person recruited from the coin rooms. They only know how to pull up the game and go straight to those rooms. That is all the vast majority in the coin rooms play. Look at the average of a  person you are thinking about recruiting. If it is the highly likely 150, that means they don't play anything else. Once in your club they are very unlikely to play club tournaments and a significant number will not use a CC pass.

I made the mistake of rounding up more than 40 of these rascals for my new club and after a couple of months found that the only way to communicate with them was to drop them from the club. Now I have only 4 members but they are active, using passes and playing in club tournaments. The club is now level 5 and I will quickly remove any new member recruited from a coin room if that person refuses friend invites, does not play in CC tournaments within the first couple of days, and does not use a CC pass within a couple of days after becoming a member.

Tough love yes, but a foolproof form of communication.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2020 7:30 AM

I think your right Bogey , Those mobile players might not be a good fit for a CC .  That's too bad . Go get those coins boys and girls . LOL

RSS