Forums

Help › Forums

I'm special

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 3 2020 1:08 PM (9 replies)
  • JakeDrollinger
    36 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 9:34 AM

Hello from Wisconsin, just down the road from Erin Hills and Blackwolf run. But that's not what makes me special. About 31 years ago, I was brain damaged in a carbon monoxide poisoning. I have been in a state of defacto end stage Parkinson's ever since. I played real golf in my teens, until the age of 18, the age of the poisoning. My best playing came the week before the brain damage. I shot a 42 on what was then the River Course at Blackwolf un. , i.e. I was not bound for the tour. This game has given me the chance to get back on the course, virtually speaking. This is not a plea to take it easy on me in the head to head rooms. Just know that you're playing somebody who is a little different. Oh and by the way, I have achieved tour pro status in  little more than a month. 😀

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 3:50 PM

Welcome to this great game.

I glad your doing better. Congratulations on Tour Pro, its a fun tier.and you learn a lot at TP.

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 3:57 PM

That’s a great story, thanks for sharing. I’m glad you found the game and I wish you well.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 1:27 AM

Jake , thanks for sharing your story , and wish you continued improvement, both on the virtual course and in life. Best wishes and look forward to hearing from you with updates 

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 3:08 AM

Jings - for a minute there i thought henry [ the special one ] had opened a new thread .

Congratulations on your efforts for finding and playing wgt .

Keep on swinging it's addictive .

Image result for giphy golf gifs

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 6:09 PM

Hey Jake , Contact me regarding you nomination for the Gift Of Golf Foundation , Congrats .

Casey

• JakeDrollinger
    36 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2020 5:28 PM

Hey Casey, 

I am honored to be nominated. Thanks for thinking of me for this award. 

Jake 

• JakeDrollinger
    36 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 9:48 AM

No kidding. I am so addicted it isn even funny!

• JDGHOST
    6,778 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 1:02 PM

Keep up the great attitude and play this game!!!  It is incredibly therapeutic (believe me I know) 👍....

JD

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 1:08 PM

Good luck to you Jake! I also was totally addicted when i started also. Don't let the wgt basket cases get you down... there are alot of really nice people playing the game. Again good luck and good golfing!

RSS