Forums

Help › Forums

being able to choose any ball in your golf bag during a round.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 13 2020 4:53 PM (9 replies)
  • jbrock01
    19 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 1:03 PM

Sir

I would like to see when you run out of one type of ball that you are using during a round that it does not default to unlimited balls. Right now you can only use unlimited balls or buy  more of what you are using at that time. As in my bag I have several different types of balls from either switching to a different ball or the ones you have gifted me at different times. It would be nice to be able to grab one of those balls to finish around and then proceed to by new ones. I might be trying to use up that brand/type of ball to move on to another.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 1:27 AM

Is it September again?

jbrock01:
    As in my bag I have several different types of balls [...]
    Not true, I'm afraid.

There's 14 clubs in your bag plus one type of balls. During games, the bag is closed so that you can't access the inventory with more clubs and balls. Consider this your garage or other home storage - unreachable from the course.

• jbrock01
    19 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 12:30 PM

While agree with the 14 club rule, not so much with the balls. Anyone that plays golf has the ability to gab a ball out there bag. This is not an advantage in anyway, as being able to change your clubs during a round would be. Besides all I would like to see is being able to finish the round with a ball in my bag if you have used all the balls or on your last ball of a certain brand that you where using. I don't want to be able to change balls "at will".

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 4:02 PM

jbrock01:
    Anyone that plays golf has the ability to gab a ball out there bag.
    Not really . If playing in a tournament most play under the one ball rule . Which is that you must finish the hole with the ball you start the hole with . The only exceptions are if the ball is either lost out of bounds or in a water hazard and not retrievable . In which case a replacement ball is made with a penalty stroke being applied to the player ..

Here in the game the one ball rule being applied is that you have to finish the round with the same ball type that you started with . This is WGTs rule when playing . With WGT if you run out of your ball brand you can either buy more of that brand or use the free ball . In real golf if you ran out of balls you would be disqualified from the tournament .

This is not a new topic and it has been discussed many times here in the forum . There are 2 rules to play by :

1 Never start a round or tournament with just 1 ball if you dont want to buy more of the same .

2 Pick 1 ball type and stick with it . 

1 ball is all you need use the other balls for practice rounds playing CTTH or Blitz play .Or just simply delete them from your inventory and be done with it . The ball issue hasnt changed in my 8+ years of being here . No matter the number of times it has been addressed it still remains the same . WGT isnt going to change it as they make money because of it .  

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 4:02 PM

here is a way to look at it .    1st is some players would take atvantage , start a game with a gsbr549 ball that costs 3 cents each  Its called the 3 fore 9 WGT special , You are playing this guy / gal  and winning , He / She hits out of bounds and pulls out a WGT Max Diamond ball with stats out the azz and ( no put )  and whips you clean .  Or they get in a $ game and pull this .

WGT would have to have to program it so that you could only go to a lesser stat ball ,  Right now they are working on the " New game " and have enough to do to get that going ,  Lets hope this is something that they can add to the list for our Christmas wish for next year .

OPY 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 7:14 PM

Good Explanations.

After a while you learn to check your balls and make sure you have 2 or 3 for a round.

I generally know how many balls I have before a round. 2 is minimum in case you get a crazy shot. 

I buy 2 packs at a time so I don't have to worry about it.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 3:20 AM

jbrock01:
    While agree with the 14 club rule, not so much with the balls. Anyone that plays golf has the ability to gab a ball out there bag.
    True in RL golf, but here, you have only one ball type in your bag.

IMHO, the ball issue is collateral damage to said rule. It's just how it's programmed in the game.

jbrock01:
    Besides all I would like to see is being able to finish the round with a ball in my bag if you have used all the balls or on your last ball of a certain brand that you where using.

You have the option to buy more of them (if available). Here, the common
    "no choices on the round" policy corresponds to possible business interests. OTOH, which business interests should motivate them to re-program it?

If you don't like it, you have two options:
    - quit the game,
    - start it with enough identical balls.

They own the place, they make the rules!

I for one only buy balls in the game. It's the least effort: just one click!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 4:56 AM

alosso:

jbrock01:
    Besides all I would like to see is being able to finish the round with a ball in my bag if you have used all the balls or on your last ball of a certain brand that you where using.

You have the option to buy more of them (if available). Here, the common
    "no choices on the round" policy corresponds to possible business interests. OTOH, which business interests should motivate them to re-program it?

If you don't like it, you have two options:
    - quit the game,
    - start it with enough identical balls.

They own the place, they make the rules!

I for one only buy balls in the game. It's the least effort: just one click!

At least they give us the option of buying more balls during a round. In Real golf you don't get that option.

Check your ball supply before you tee off.

• jbrock01
    19 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 12:47 PM

So OK I deeply regret to have brought up this thread. For some of you, you have read way to deeply into this. For some of you just plain over thought it. And for the only true perspective ALOSSO Thank you sir for the most correct answer from all the reply's. 

I trust you I am in complete compliance with WGT from this day forward.

RSS