2024 - Pinehurst Club, NC

2025 - Oakmont, PA

2026 - Shinnecock Hills, Southampton, NY

2027 - Pebble Beach, CA

Perhaps Torrey Pines next year?

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 2:17 PM

Full Bandon Dunes this year apparently, but with the end of flash and the PCEA version coming on stream this year, maybe they’ve put it on hold, nothing has been mentioned recently.

Already have Pebble Beach, Oakmont and Pinehurst so that leaves the remaining you mention, 

Winged Foot apparently said No for this year, the never miss apparel made up their minds there.

Personally i don’t think there will be any new additions after Bandon, we will have to make do with what we already have.

There’s some great CTTH courses, a full course or even a 9 hole would be a great addition, but it’s not WGT now, TopGolf are more interested in their driving ranges and food and beverage outlets.

But then there are some great courses worldwide, Also the new e tour series could interest other course possibilities in the future?

• Quaco
    16 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 2:38 PM

Silverwax:

2020 - Winged Foot, Mamaroneck, NY

2021- Torrey Pines (South Course), San Diego, CA

2022 - Brookline Country Club, Brookline, Mass

2023 - LA Country Club ( South Course) CA

2024 - Pinehurst Club, NC

2025 - Oakmont, PA

2026 - Shinnecock Hills, Southampton, NY

2027 - Pebble Beach, CA

Perhaps Torrey Pines next year?

I’d go along with the previous correspondent. I have a feeling that Bandon 18 holes is the likely outcome.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 6:25 PM

Brookline Country Club in 2022 is in my home state and also the name of my Country Club

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 5:29 PM

When it became apparent that Shinnecock Hills will not be added to WGT rota, but instead WC, I thought WGT relationship with USGA is over. No offense to WC, it’s an interesting course, but nobody’s mistaking it for Shinny. However, with the comeback of Oakmont and the upcoming Bandon Dunes, maybe the two parties came to a new agreement? Now if only they can do the same with the R&A? 

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 11:18 PM

I don't think the stodgy Britishers will budge after 9 years ...

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 11:47 PM

donsprintr:

lol, Don i believe Muirfield in Scotland was once on the cards, up until a point women were not allowed in the clubhouse there.

Thats us Brits for ya.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 1:19 AM

andwhy67:

donsprintr:

lol, Don i believe Muirfield in Scotland was once on the cards, up until a point women were not allowed in the clubhouse there.

Thats us Brits for ya.

Muirfield was the 2013 Open course. We hoped but after not getting the 2012 Open course which was Royal Lytham & St. Annes it didn't happen. The last virtual Open Championship WGT hosted was 2011 at Royal St. George's. 

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 1:22 PM

What about Turnberry Ailsa? It’s owned by none other than the greatest President in the history of the USA, Donald Trump! (Sarcasm may or may not be intended).  But seriously, the new Ailsa course looks absolutely stunning, and dealing with Trump might be a tad easier than the grumpy Brits. 

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 2:49 PM

Saudi Arabia is entering the western market .

They want credibility .

Will not be hard to deal with .

They won't take the hump .

• PAGES
RSS