Forums

Help › Forums

CLASH #117 - hey those aren't rowboats, wgt!

Mon, Jan 27 2020 4:32 AM (25 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 3:12 AM
    Round 6: our 4th at Par 5's.

Round 7: our first RSG

(2 others at St. A's)
  • Alain760
    350 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 4:40 AM

We have played 6 RSG and 1 St Andrews, are you sure there are other courses.

Annoying clash

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 6:48 AM

• AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 7:50 AM

TopShelf2010:
    having the same course over and over again is not uncommon.
    Not uncommon, but as the OP says, "Annoying" as all heck. And not at all explainable other than to say WGT has not programmed the variable of course very well. I think the program takes into account club level and club W/L record pretty well (most of the time), but lacks the nuances of club size and previous courses played by the clubs involved.

My club has had 5 at the Par 5's, 2 St. A's, and 1 RSG. So our course selection is also lop-sided, but so far lucky that the lop-sidedness gives us the chance for higher scores than if it were weighed down with anything other than the Par 5's. Just luck, good or bad, and nothing within the clubs' choice (I have Tour Champions who find Par 5's boring and don't play, but mostly the club likes Par 5's.)

• Alain760
    350 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 9:51 AM

I wish we had a BOP 5 we could score much more, but no for our eight match guess what

RSG B9     its laughable but bad for WGT cause its unfair, boring and not fun, a lot of members has stopped playing.

I love clash usually but this one disgust me to clash

• AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 10:54 AM
    AlaskanDame:
    My club has had 5 at the Par 5's, 2 St. A's, and 1 RSG.
    Now our 3rd at St. Andrews in Round 9.
  • callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 1:00 PM

twinponds169:

Who did they build those boats for anyways, Little Yoda?

Can barely see the rowboats, I mean canoe's. Lol. Why so small.

• AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 1:21 PM
    callaghan159:

twinponds169:

I want a 9-foot T-Rex or I quit!!
  • TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 10:59 PM

AlaskanDame:
    callaghan159:

twinponds169:

I want a 9-foot T-Rex or I quit!!

This is part of a surprise from WGT. These are not boats or canoes, they are Dingies to transport you to the actual ship for a "One-Of-A Kind" "Cruise-of-A-Life" experience aboard "The Love Boat"

You will start your journey from the pink sand beaches of Bermuda. From there, you will  travel through the Caribbean stopping at every Island that the Aqua waters have to offer.

Next, is a trip through the Panama Canal and a voyage to the South Pacific to Polynesia and Bora Bora, two of the most beautiful and unique places on Earth.

The last leg of the Cruise is a visit to exciting Shanghai.

As a special treat, you will be traveling and partying with a Who's-Who list of washed up Celebrities. View the video to see who they will be. Also in the video, you will meet the Captain and Crew of the Love Boat who, coincidentally, are washed up Celebs as well. Annnd…the Love Boat Theme Song is sure to put you in the  in the mood to Cruise.

ENJOY…

• jacktrade51
    10,899 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 4:41 AM

After starting with 3 at Congressional, it evened out some.

BD ended with 4 at Cong., 3 at RSG, 2 at St.A, and 2 BOP5.  

Reverse those numbers we do better overall, and I am still mystified how courses are drawn.  Still, I am not complaining.  We had the highest participation in several months so WGT should take note of that.  If the conditions are more playable, more will play (and play more often).

Tom.

RSS