Help › Forums

How is it possible

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 3 2020 9:58 AM (37 replies)
  • Oliverk44
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 4:50 AM

Hi guys,

im playing the e-tour at the moment, and every player in the event has to use the same clubs. The leader for the event right now has shot 57, this is at Beth page and there is a lot of wind and par 4’s that are not actually reachable in 2.

my question is, I get how people can shoot these numbers when they have all the gear and clubs they’ve purchased in regular tournaments, but 57 just seems near on impossible given that on the e-your we all have to use the same clubs and there are par 4’s that as mentioned you can’t even reach in 2. The greens are also very quick and you can’t use a premium ball for max spin.

how the hell has the leader shot 57, please enlighten me. Thanks :)

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2020 9:50 AM

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2020 10:19 AM

Oliverk44:
    ... The greens are also very quick and you can’t use a premium ball for max spin. how the hell has the leader shot 57, please enlighten me. Thanks :)

Oliverk44, this comes up EVERY time there is a non-tiered tournament.
    It’s getting to be like a broken record.
    The only thing you didn’t do which usually comes up is use the “C-word” ... cheat! 

1. Unless the rules have changed, each player has to supply their own balls. So they can be playing any ball available in the pro shop including the $$$ balls that have superior attributes.
    2. The players at the top of leaderboard are the elite veterans that have put in countless hours playing and practicing. If you don’t believe me then have a look at their stats most will at least have Ranked Rounds numbers in the 1000’s some in the 10,000’s. You Oliverk44 have 10 
    3. The gear given in this eTour round was actually VERY good, high end equipment. On a scale of 1-10 of equipment most of the stuff this round is a 7/8 or better!!

Oliverk44, I was looking for this link for you http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/615844.aspx  ... but you’ve already seen it.  Maybe take some time and read the responses in it for more enlightenment. 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2020 10:27 AM

Oliverk44:

Hi guys,

im playing the e-tour at the moment, and every player in the event has to use the same clubs. The leader for the event right now has shot 57, this is at Beth page and there is a lot of wind and par 4’s that are not actually reachable in 2.

my question is, I get how people can shoot these numbers when they have all the gear and clubs they’ve purchased in regular tournaments, but 57 just seems near on impossible given that on the e-your we all have to use the same clubs and there are par 4’s that as mentioned you can’t even reach in 2. The greens are also very quick and you can’t use a premium ball for max spin.

how the hell has the leader shot 57, please enlighten me. Thanks :)

Why can't you use a premium ball? I just tried playing a round, and it used whatever ball I had equipped. I understand that everyone uses the same clubs, but it appears to me that the system still allows you to choose your own ball. At least it did for me.

And what par 4s on Bethpage are not reachable in 2? I can't think of any. But maybe I'm not remembering the course correctly. The provided driver seems more than capable. I suppose the 7th hole into the wind could be problematic. 

Regardless, Bethpage is really not that hard of course. In fact, I think it's one of easier ones in WGT. 

• Oliverk44
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2020 1:53 PM

My bad, you can use whichever ball you like, but this still doesn’t make too much difference.

i am not calling anyone a cheat l, but I would really like to see a video’d round on YouTube of someone breaking 60 in this particular tournament.

as I said, I totally get how you can shoot these numbers normally, but every hole has 20mph winds in this event, there are a couple of par 4’s that are unreachable in certain winds and no par 5’s are reachable any time I have played. Greens are also not receptive so how someone has now shot 55 is totally beyond me. 

I have watched a bunch of guys on YouTube who play this game to a high standard and I can’t see how any one them would even get close to low 60’s in this event, let alone 55. 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2020 10:45 AM

Oliverk44:
    My bad, you can use whichever ball you like, but this still doesn’t make too much difference.

A ball with a higher distance rating makes a huge difference, especially off the tee.

Oliverk44:
    i am not calling anyone a cheat l, but I would really like to see a video’d round on YouTube of someone breaking 60 in this particular tournament.

Someone has done that (in the other thread). See this post from the other thread:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/615844/4187951.aspx#4187951

Oliverk44:
    as I said, I totally get how you can shoot these numbers normally, but every hole has 20mph winds in this event, there are a couple of par 4’s that are unreachable in certain winds and no par 5’s are reachable any time I have played. Greens are also not receptive so how someone has now shot 55 is totally beyond me

I just played a round (didn't finish it), and I only had 2 holes with 20-22 mph winds. The other holes had winds as low as 14-16. All of them were in the teens.

Even with a ball of distance 0, there was only one par 4 that I didn't reach in two. That was the 7th hole. I didn't quite reach the green but was still only about a yard off (again, the ball had a distance rating of 0). 

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2020 10:53 AM
    Oliverk44:

as I said, I totally get how you can shoot these numbers normally, but every hole has 20mph winds in this event, there are a couple of par 4’s that are unreachable in certain winds and no par 5’s are reachable any time I have played. Greens are also not receptive so how someone has now shot 55 is totally beyond me. 

I have watched a bunch of guys on YouTube who play this game to a high standard and I can’t see how any one them would even get close to low 60’s in this event, let alone 55. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7qkhhspVwVk&t=835s Theres the vid u wanted ... courtesy off Young46 he streams his rounds also.
  • 1irony
    415 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2020 4:28 PM

Oliverk44:

I would really like to see a video’d round on YouTube of someone breaking 60 in this particular tournament. 

Here ya go:

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2020 5:05 PM

• brianmartin56
    781 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2020 5:46 PM

Well... 1irony... that's just depressing (I really mean impressive)

I wonder what the game that i play is called?

Thank you for letting us watch.

Brian

RSS