Help › Forums

Difference between the Flash version and the new version

Fri, Oct 2 2020 8:04 AM (37 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 12:30 PM

MarchieB:

Dneirf:

Please note that the Avatar Abilities do carry over into all aspects of the game.

God Bless, -Dneirf

Dneirf this is not true.

The Avatar Apparel Abilities DO NOT apply in any WGT or Country Club Tournament events. This includes all Stroke, CTTH, Ready Go's and Bracket formats. This is denoted in the event's info with a little "No Apparel" symbol (shield with t-shirt crossed out)

The Avatar Apparel Abilities are limited to use in Head 2 Head games and any events that use the H2H format as its basis, such as Turf Wars and Showdowns. I am not 100% sure about Clashes.

As well they are available in Single Player Ranked and Practice Rounds. While some may argue that this aides in lowering AVG's, but it is no more an aid than playing in custom CC "AVG Buster" tournaments to achieve the same result.

Sorry Marchie but i’ve played standard ranked rounds where my driver is hitting 299 and three wood is 257, i don’t mess around with apparel that alters iron and wedge distances.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 1:40 PM

andwhy67:
    Sorry Marchie but i’ve played standard ranked rounds where my driver is hitting 299 and three wood is 257, i don’t mess around with apparel that alters iron and wedge distances.

Not sure what your point is. Are you agreeing with my comment or saying I’m wrong? 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 3:40 PM

WGT should get rid of apparel abilities and leave only apparel apprearance (not that I like it, they have to work hard on appearance side, too) so that it gives nothing to yap about to the chronic grumblers since its introduction.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 7:41 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

WGT should get rid of apparel abilities and leave only apparel apprearance (not that I like it, they have to work hard on appearance side, too) so that it gives nothing to yap about to the chronic grumblers since its introduction.

to once again point out the obvious. if you don't like apparel. don't play the games that use it. just keep playing the same way and games you have been. 

The only crossover is in clash games. and that's been that way for years,

It's really quite simple.

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 1:37 AM

MarchieB:

Dneirf:

Please note that the Avatar Abilities do carry over into all aspects of the game.

God Bless, -Dneirf

Dneirf this is not true.

The Avatar Apparel Abilities DO NOT apply in any WGT or Country Club Tournament events. This includes all Stroke, CTTH, Ready Go's and Bracket formats. This is denoted in the event's info with a little "No Apparel" symbol (shield with t-shirt crossed out)

The Avatar Apparel Abilities are limited to use in Head 2 Head games and any events that use the H2H format as its basis, such as Turf Wars and Showdowns. I am not 100% sure about Clashes.

As well they are available in Single Player Ranked and Practice Rounds. While some may argue that this aides in lowering AVG's, but it is no more an aid than playing in custom CC "AVG Buster" tournaments to achieve the same result.

MarchieB, When playing WGT Tournament events, such as the two depicted in your Quote above, I am reaping ALL of the Avatar Apparel Abilities provided by all five of the Apparels, Hat, Shirt, Pants, Glove, and Shoes.

For example, the Hat, the Shirt, the Pants, and the Glove, individually provide +1% XP each, that is an total of +4% XP and Dneirf is gaining more than 500 XP per round using Avatar Apparel Abilities alone.

When I start the WGT Tournament events, yes, the "shield with t-shirt crossed out" is indeed there and enabled, however, it most certainly DOES NOT represent "No Apparel" as I am reaping all of the Avatar Apparel Abilities!

The "shield with t-shirt crossed out" I believe represents that the Player does not yet have the ability to "Set Bonus" with Avatar Apparel Abilities.

To "Set Bonus" all five Apparels: Hat, Shirt, Pants, Shoes, and Glove, MUST ALL be of the SAME MAKE AND RARITY and ALL MEET THE MINIMUM LEVEL REQUIREMENTS.

My Apparel is all MAX but not all the same Rarity. Instead, it is an mixture of MAX Rare, MAX Common, and MAX Epic, therefore I can not "Set Bonus" but still reap the Apparel Abilities in ALL events.

The "Set Bonus" has something to do with gaining an 20% to 40% chance of reaping one hour of XP Boost if the Player wins the round or event.

And finally, putting has improved because my shoes provide more putting forgiveness, I can work the Basic Virtual Golf Ball better with my Irons because my Glove provides an slower Meter for the Irons along with more ability to hit the "Sweat Spot" of the 3 Wood, while at the same time the Shirt provides more 3 Wood Distance while the Hat and Pants are providing more Rough and Sand Surface Power.....whew, what an round!

God Bless, -Dneirf

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 5:50 AM

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 7:00 AM

if he played a coin game or two and activated the XP bonus timer. that bonus would probably carry over to any other type of game.

i doubt any other boost is active. and not sure i care enough to bother to test it myself.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 3:30 PM

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 4:53 PM

MarchieB:

I really don't even know where to start with this but here goes... First I'd like to say the name of your Country Club is "Spot On" accurate. 😄

I absolutely love how you believe my very simple and might I add factually accurate explanation for what the crossed out T-Shirt symbol means is totally wrong, but that your convoluted and complicated idea that Apparel Enhancements ARE active and the symbol means that you don't have the Apparel "Set Bonus"or that you do have it but it's not active is correct.

Dneirf:
    For example, the Hat, the Shirt, the Pants, and the Glove, individually provide +1% XP each, that is an total of +4% XP and Dneirf is gaining more than 500 XP per round using Avatar Apparel Abilities alone.

So based on the items you have equipped for Apparel you are getting a 4% XP Bonus that you SAY is adding more than 500 XP point per round solely from your Apparel Abilities. In order for that to be correct with a 4% boost you would have to be getting a base of 12500 XP points before the bonus on every round. If you could please provide a screenshot of this.

Dneirf:
    And finally, putting has improved because my shoes provide more putting forgiveness, I can work the Basic Virtual Golf Ball better with my Irons because my Glove provides an slower Meter for the Irons along with more ability to hit the "Sweat Spot" of the 3 Wood, while at the same time the Shirt provides more 3 Wood Distance while the Hat and Pants are providing more Rough and Sand Surface Power.

Other than the added 3Wood distance, everything you've mentioned (putting forgiveness, slower meter, increased sweet spot, rough and sand power) are all qualitative properties that cannot be proven other than by saying you believe they are improving your putting, workability, and game.

But since you have the Max Polo Shirt equipped which adds to your 3Wood Distance, we can easily quantify this with a simple screenshot. If you could please take a screen shot from one of the clearly visible WGT tournaments (such as the Live Series) showing the added distance on your 3Wood.

No Dneirf is not going to provide any screen shots of anything as an basis for any proof of anything as it is futile. What everyone needs to do is prove it to themselves!

First: Understand that the Avatar Apparel Abilities are not super boosters of any kind in any way, rather the purpose of Avatar Apparel Abilities is to "smoothen" the gameplay in an subtle manner and provide revenue income for World Golf Tour. In other words, making use of clever and indirect methods to achieve "smoother" game play via purchases of Apparel.

Let us use the 3 Wood for example, the average distance is 250 yards. Equipping Apparel is not going to instantly transform the 3 Wood into an super club.....no.....Apparel will however, in an subtle manner, allow the Player to hit the "sweet spot" of the 3 Wood more often thus increasing the Players chance of "hitting" closer to the "Ding" or "Dinging It".

By hitting the "sweet spot" and hitting closer to or actually hitting the "Ding" now the "Average Distance" of the 3 Wood is elevated to the higher spectrum of distance involving the calculation of the average of 250 yards. In other words, equipped with proper Apparel, the 3 Wood will now exist "smoother" ability to hit INVARIABLY at or beyond the "Average Distance" into the higher spectrum of the 3 Woods "actual maximum distance" used to calculate the average of 250 yards.

Second: Now prove it to yourself!

[01] Make note of your current total XP Points in both your Profile Page and Country Club Page and write both current totals down on paper.

[02] Equip Apparel that provides XP benefits.

[03] Play an WGT Tournament event, that's right, an WGT Tournament event with "the crossed out T-Shirt symbol" and use Country Club Pass.

[04] After the round, and after the scrolling statistics banner displays the TOTAL XP EARNED, ADD THE TOTAL XP EARNED from the scrolling statistics banner to THE PROFILE XP on paper from step [01] and do the same with Country Club XP on paper.

[05] Now go to your Profile Page and COMPARE your total calculated XP on paper to the Profiles NOW total XP and notice that the Profiles NOW Total XP is greater than your paper calculation. The Country Club NOW total XP will also be greater than your paper calculated XP.

[06] SUBTRACT YOUR PAPER CALCULATED XP from YOUR PROFILES NOW GREATER DISPLAYED XP and the result is what your Equipped Apparel added to your ACTUAL TOTAL XP EARNED, and do the same with Country Club Now Greater Displayed XP to get those results.

[07] The scrolling statistics banner does not display or calculate Equipped Avatar Apparel Abilities involving XP (as of current build), the Equipped Avatar Apparel Abilities for XP are calculated and added to the ACTUAL TOTAL XP EARNED in the background for both Profile and Country Club.

[08] Coding 101: Do not hide information from end user.

God Bless, -Dneirf

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2020 5:11 PM

RSS