Forums

Help › Forums

Difference between the Flash version and the new version

Fri, Oct 2 2020 8:04 AM (37 replies)
  • Davemuck63
    303 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 3:40 PM

I was wondering if there is a difference between the Flash version and the new downloadable version of this game I once so enjoyed. I had not played this game for quite awhile and when I signed back in a day or so ago to find out Flash was no longer supported I found the download link to this new version.

It does not feel like the same game at all. Have there been changes made ? I am a Tour Master Lv 89 63.06 average.

I see lots of visual changes but I'm wondering about changes to putting, reading greens etc.

I've never been terribly good at this game but these last couple of days.....well I won't be spending money on new equipment if this is the new version, and that I'm very saddened about. I was really looking forward to getting back in the game.

Like I said I've never been all that good at this game but 3 putts from 3 feet is a bit silly.

Dave

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 3:46 PM

Dave the original Flash version still technically exists and is supported. How much longer that will be is not know. The new downloadable PC version (PC Early Access or PCEA) are where the game is ultimately headed.
    In theory the game should be the same as it technically is pretty much mechanically identical but ultimately will not play exactly the same. 
    Best advice I can say is that it will probably take a little bit of time to get used to the new version.

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 1:38 PM

Davemuck63:

I was wondering if there is a difference between the Flash version and the new downloadable version of this game I once so enjoyed. I had not played this game for quite awhile and when I signed back in a day or so ago to find out Flash was no longer supported I found the download link to this new version.

It does not feel like the same game at all. Have there been changes made ? I am a Tour Master Lv 89 63.06 average.

I see lots of visual changes but I'm wondering about changes to putting, reading greens etc.

I've never been terribly good at this game but these last couple of days.....well I won't be spending money on new equipment if this is the new version, and that I'm very saddened about. I was really looking forward to getting back in the game.

Like I said I've never been all that good at this game but 3 putts from 3 feet is a bit silly.

Dave

Look at it this way.....

We all get to start over again with an new learning curve regardless of our Tier and Level.

Personally, I find the non-flash version more forgiving than the Flash version.

The non-flash version security is superior to the Flash version.

There are more challenges and more "golf things" in the non-flash version, Apparel, Coins, Coin Rooms, Top Golf, and More.

Automatic Logon for quicker access to satisfy the addiction.

Ahh and the putting thing, it is actually easier, just pay very close attention to what is actually happening after the putter strikes the ball.....hint: +2.

The main thing is World Golf Tour is now safer in regards to personal Internet security.

So indulge and have fun, purchase coins, credits, apparel, equipment, whatever you desire, and enjoy the game of golf online.

World Golf Tour is not only about golf, its about personal satisfaction, passing time, having fun, making friends, arguing with other players, loosing, winning, escaping the real world momentarily, and more.

In the end it is what it is, and in the end it is what the individual makes their virtual world of golf what it is.....it is all customizable.

God Bless,

-Dneirf

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 1:43 PM

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 2:29 PM

Dneirf:

Ahh and the putting thing, it is actually easier, just pay very close attention to what is actually happening after the putter strikes the ball.....hint: +2.

Really, i’ve just had a lookšŸ¤£

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 3:00 PM

It's been so long since I have even tried to play a game my score history is gone. I can't see my friends list, who's playing, who's available. Never been a computer guru so I don't have a clue how to get this all back.

Renniw52-lost in the new world

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 4:14 PM

renniw52:

It's been so long since I have even tried to play a game my score history is gone. I can't see my friends list, who's playing, who's available. Never been a computer guru so I don't have a clue how to get this all back.

Renniw52-lost in the new world

Do not concern yourself with that "stuff"

I believe most, if not all of that "stuff" will be available as the new non-flash version evolves into prime software within the next year.

So look at it this way.....it is an new start for us all.

I gave up my Red Apple Avatar Icon that has been with me since the Legend Tier for the new non-flash version Avatar Icon.

I accepted and did this because what is the sense of purchasing an Hat if the Custom Icon "the red apple" is going to conceal it.

That Rare MAX Felt Bill Cap by the way increases XP Earnings by +1% and extends Rough Surface Power by +9 AND that is only at Level 01. At higher Levels the benefits of any and all Apparel increases.

From what I understand so far it is wise to try and equip all Apparel from the same manufacturer and/or Sponsor to gain full benefits. So for example I should equip with all MAX.

Dneirf also equipped himself with Green and Black Epic MAX Shoes that increases Putting Forgiveness by +8 at Level 01.

One can also purchase Apparel Packages from the Pro Shop that add for example MORE MAX BRANDS. There are tons of benefits from these Apparel Packages that are too vast to list here.

The Apparel Packages available so far are listed here from least expensive with least benefits to the most expensive with full benefits, and they are: Silver, Gold, and Platinum.

There is also an feature called "Sponsors" of which I am still investigating and learning about so I will not comment on "Sponsors" as of this Post.

Soo.....It is an all new ball game, so just delve in and improvise, overcome, and adapt.....It is going to be an whole lot better and safer than Flash folkes!

God Bless and see ya on the Courses,

-Dneirf

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 6:41 PM

I like the new app, but feel we have lost a lot with it.

You don't need skill with this app. apparel does it for you. I always played by feel and its not there.

I love what they have done so far with it, but the turkey hats and bozo pants are not for me.

• twofallssteve
    756 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 2:45 PM

I was a very good putter on the flash version. Horrible now. Missing 5 footers that show almost no break and they move 5 inches. Just not honest reads.

I will only play the new version now, Flash is dangerous.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 2:19 AM

Does the thing still look like a cartoon ? If so, and if they don't change it, I will be gone when flash is gone ...

RSS