Forums

Help › Forums

Announcing European eTour Rule Changes

Wed, Feb 5 2020 2:39 PM (7 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 3:16 PM

Hi everyone,

We’ve made a few updates to the official rules for future European eTour events. The qualifier for the next live event begins on 1/16/20 at 10 PM PST and will run through 3/10/20. 

Note that championship event winners are now eligible to participate in future qualifications and events. 

Rule Changes:

New paragraph: 3.2 The winner of an Event is eligible to participate in future Qualifications and Events. If a player which has already won an Event wins another Event, he will receive the prize money but the seat at the Global Finals will go to the Event Grand Final runner-up. If the runner-up has also won an Event, the seat at the Global Finals will go to the one of the Event semifinalist with the best Qualification placement and so forth.

Update to: 8.2.2 The Event consists of two groups, Group A and Group B. The Top 8 players coming from a Qualification Playoffs will be seeded in Group A and Group B based on placement in Qualification and distributed as follows:

Addition to: 7.6: If a player does not accept the invitation from having won his bracket or is otherwise unable to attend the Event, the runner-up in the same bracket will take his spot. If the runner-up is not able to attend as well, the highest seeded runner-up from the other brackets will take his spot and so forth.

New paragraph: 8.1.3 Event specific game rules and game settings will be made available to players in due time before an Event.

New paragraph: 3.4 For apparel abilities, all players will be required to unequip apparel providing abilities. Players are allowed to equip appearance apparel of their own choice.

_CHAMPION 

• BIGAL123
    200 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 3:37 PM

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 3:42 PM

• JDGHOST
    6,774 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 3:52 PM

WGTChampion:

New paragraph: 3.4 For apparel abilities, all players will be required to unequip apparel providing abilities. Players are allowed to equip appearance apparel of their own choice.

_CHAMPION 

Will WGT know if this rule is  being followed? ....Or are we relying on the player and the "Honor" system? Because I can't see that going well LOL....

JD

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 4:00 PM

JDGHOST:

WGTChampion:

_CHAMPION 

Will WGT know if this rule is  being followed? ....Or are we relying on the player and the "Honor" system? Because I can't see that going well LOL....

JD

This won't even come into play for a while and it will never be based on the honor system.

Match Play has apparel bonuses completely turned off, same for the qualifier and brackets. 

Eventually we'll have a toggle to allow the host of Match Play to allow or not allow bonuses, but like all Match Play setup at a live event it will be up to DreamHack to enforce. 

_CHAMPION 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 6:34 PM

JDGHOST:

JD 

JD as Champion has said Apparel enhancements are and have always been turned off automatically on all WGT Tournaments. There’s a little symbol of a t-shirt with a red line through it denoting that apparel enhancements do not function.  
    As well, on both the Mobile and PCEA games if you look at a players profile, under their “Apparel” tab you can see BOTH, what a player has for enhancements and appearance, so there is no need for an honor system as it’s clearly visible to anyone.  

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 6:49 PM

TopShelf2010:

SMH
    I will refrain from voicing my opinion at this time. If there are others that see issues here, and I am quite sure there will be, I will let them come forward first.
    Don

Don I’m going to guess your comment has something to do with the eTour Event #2 Qualifying running Unlimited from Jan-16 to Mar-10 (close to 2 months) Although I’m not sure if that timeframe includes the Bracket Elimination Tournament as well. Even so that probably means at least 5-6 weeks of Unlimited Qualifying. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 2:39 PM

WGTChampion:
    New paragraph: 3.2

Well done :-))

RSS