Forums

Help › Forums

Information on "Saturation" & how it affects each Tier

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 14 2020 2:50 PM (5 replies)
  • BingoBen
    525 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 10:33 AM

Is there any written information on how "saturation" effects each tier?   Or is "saturation" not relevant at any level/Tier.   I've gotten various answers on how this connects to lowering your average as you move to each tier.   Thanks for any help / information.  

BingoBen 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 12:14 PM

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 12:36 PM

Ben, you might want to check out SimonTheBeetle's post here.  It's the clearest explanation I've seen.  Hope this answers your question.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 7:12 PM

BingoBen - the above post will give you a guide to # of rounds required for saturation and AVG required to advance tiers, keeping in mind these numbers while very accurate are not Official WGT numbers but rather what players have learned/compiled from playing. 

now your original post sounds like you’re trying to understand the actual concept of saturation. Basically every time you move to a new tier your AVG kind of starts over as only the ranked rounds (RR) you play on that tier count towards your saturation and AVG in the calculations in trying to get to the next tier.
    For example if you tier up to a level that has a 100 RR saturation and a 60 AVG to go to next tier then you must play min 100 RR at that tier and have an AVG of 60 or less to tier up. Now how Saturation works is that as you are working up to the 100 RR your AVG will go up or down depending on if you post a score above or below your AVG, but once you get to 100 RR or have reached saturation it changes.

After saturation your AVG can only go down as now it only counts your BEST 100 RR. So round 101 only goes into your top 100 if it’s lower than any of your top 100. If it’s higher then it does not count. At this point you are trying to get 100 RR that give you an AVG that is equal to or lower than the AVG required to tier up. 

Once you achieve that you get Tiered up and it starts all over on the next tier. 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 9:33 PM

BingoBen:
    Is there any written information on how "saturation" effects each tier?
    Double answer:

Yes - lots of posts here with information shared and verified by users over the time. I concur with Simon and Marchie!

No - hardly any detailed information by WGT, except one naming a (now invalid) saturation number for Champs and one pointing to a list like Simon's post quoted above in a confirming way.

Mind you that there are additional ways to move up in tier:

- the anti-sandbagging measures (from 2012?) concerning "to win games or credits",

- the "mobile" way by playing H2H and coin rooms and moving up in tiers by XPs (=levels).

• BingoBen
    525 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2020 2:50 PM

Thanks for the clarification..  Just realized I didn't respond.  Thanks so much. 

RSS