Forums

Help › Forums

*LIVE THIS WEEK* European eTour: Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship event!

Wed, Jan 22 2020 3:11 PM (49 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 7:47 AM

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 9:22 AM

TopShelf2010:

While I am not sure if it is too soon for feedback/suggestions/whatnot... there is one topic I would like to throw out there.

I would like to see the Veto process amended. By the time the Finals rolled around, I was tired of seeing Wolf Creek.

If there was a way to make it so players could not veto the same course multiple times it may become more interesting. It seemed to me like Pebble Beach was being avoided in the later stages of the tournament.

Don

WGT has very little say over rules, Dreamhack are the folks who control the rules. I was asked to provide feedback and below is what I sent to their team:

Overall the production went very well and props on running a great first event. That said, there were a few areas that were a bit frustrating:

- Too many cutouts during matches (should be done after the match)

- Saw too many drives and not enough approaches/putts

- Suggest a 60 second clock with 2 timeouts. Players won't take 60 seconds to hit approach shots (most likely 20-30 seconds on average), most of the timeouts occurred during putting. The DQ at the end was extremely unfortunate and I think those extra 15 seconds will ultimately save time versus players using 3-4 timeouts per 9 hole match.

- Change the set of 3 courses players can choose from. Pool play rounds would have 3 course options then 3 new courses for the quarters/semis/championship. Watching the same 2 courses (Pebble & Wolf Creek) for 9 hours got a bit boring.

- Turn ambient sounds off, lots of bird chirping noises during the final match.

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 9:50 AM

One timeout remaining literally means that is the end.  

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 9:57 AM

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 10:00 AM

Hi

1) I wish if they could split the single day into a 2 day prog at least. Single day event with these many golfing is too much :( Brain fried :O

2) Could fix a time n day where the most the people can tune in.

3) Could focus more on gaming shots than putting ads n intros in-between. Can give preference to associated ads once ongoing game is finished n intros even before the start.

4) Shot clocks,Time outs, different courses (agree to above mentioned opinions)

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 10:03 AM

JSmithers:

Im going to respectfully disagree and say that that is not proper English and grammatically makes no sense. It is actually misleading and can easily be confused. 

In fact the definition of  “Remaining”  LITERALLY is; Still existing, not yet used, outstanding and still to happen. 

- Saying you have “One item remaining” implies that you still have one item and the ability to use it.
    - Saying you have “No items remaining” would imply that you no longer have any of those items to use.

Assume you were to enter a 9 hole Match and were told you had 1 timeout available during that match. Once you had used that first timeout, would you expect to be told you still have “1 timeout remaining” or that you have “0 timeouts remaining” (because you’ve used the 1 you were allotted)

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 10:59 AM

Congrats to all the players who competed in the event and huge congratulations to Golfx3 on the win. 

_CHAMPION 

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 11:32 AM

MarchieB:

JSmithers:

Im going to respectfully disagree and say that that is not proper English and grammatically makes no sense. It is actually misleading and can easily be confused. 

In fact the definition of  “Remaining”  LITERALLY is; Still existing, not yet used, outstanding and still to happen. 

- Saying you have “One item remaining” implies that you still have one item and the ability to use it.
    - Saying you have “No items remaining” would imply that you no longer have any of those items to use.

Assume you were to enter a 9 hole Match and were told you had 1 timeout available during that match. Once you had used that first timeout, would you expect to be told you still have “1 timeout remaining” or that you have “0 timeouts remaining” (because you’ve used the 1 you were allotted)

I agree. But wgt does not.  This is how they operate the timeouts.  I hated winning like that

• frenchconnect
    830 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 11:38 AM
    I believe it was originally going to be 2 timeouts per round. But Jsmithers was the one who actually suggested to make it 5 so that no one would lose by DQ. And all players agreed on it before the matches started. Many of us didn't know exactly what one time out left meant, and it was very unfortunate for the round to end that way. But it is what it is
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 11:41 AM

RSS