Forums

Help › Forums

*LIVE THIS WEEK* European eTour: Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship event!

Wed, Jan 22 2020 3:11 PM (49 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 8:58 PM

Should be very interesting to watch how they will handle and cope with the new platform. That alone is fully worth watching the event on live.

Congrats and good luck to all the contenders!

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 9:10 PM

jacktrade51:

Champ, 

Not to sound stupid about social media, which I am, and since I am not going to be up at 1 AM ET Thursday, will those links work after the tournament ends?

Figuring 60-90 minutes per game, 3 rounds, it should be over before I wake up so I'm thinking re-runs.

Tom.

There is 3 games to be played first for the round robin.  Then a play in.  Then semi finals. Then finals.  It will probably be on all day

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 3:10 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

Should be very interesting to watch how they will handle and cope with the new platform. That alone is fully worth watching the event on live.

Spoiler alert: For me it will go very badly :) Still looking forward to it, of course!

Here is the schedule for those unfamiliar with the format: The players will be divided into two groups. Winners go through to the semis, #2 and #3 play for the remaining two spots. Only the "grand final" is 18 holes, rest 9.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 6:53 AM

WGTChampion:

... (or 1:00 AM ET on 1/17),

:(  Guess I'll be watching the recordings... 

GL all!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 7:09 AM

• frenchconnect
    830 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 9:55 AM

Best of luck to all the players. This is going to be a lot of fun!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 4:10 PM

birchi:

Spoiler alert: For me it will go very badly :) Still looking forward to it, of course!

Here is the schedule for those unfamiliar with the format: The players will be divided into two groups. Winners go through to the semis, #2 and #3 play for the remaining two spots. Only the "grand final" is 18 holes, rest 9.

OMG... (@.@) That's one heck of a schedule, Simon. I think WGT should increase the purse and pay you guys more! LOL

Nah, I know you'll do just fine. It's not the platform that made you and other contenders in the event great. You guys are the ones who will excel no matter what.

Again, good luck and above all, enjoy! :-)

TopShelf2010:

The one thing I have gathered from watching previous events, is the full dose of reality that sets in. Just when you think you have improved your game, you watch these amazing players and realize that you, being a mere mortal, have so much room to improve.

LOL

I get that feeling as well. It's always wonderful and phenomenal to watch people with natural & exceptional talents, but it can be also depressing as hell, making me feel so petit. LOL

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Jan 15 2020 6:07 AM
    im curious how the guys that play on mobile phones will adjust to using a pc and mouse......againt the pc players that are new to the greens and putting on the early releash version........seems it could be an even playing field........lets see......good luck to all finalists.......pero vamos javier ......lol
  • carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 1:18 AM

Hi all 

Congratulations to each n everyone who made it to Abu Dhabi.

I hope you all have a wonderful fun time there. Enjoy.

Less than 24 hours to go, but looks like the fun is already on.

May you all hit a sixer especially, Javierrrrr!! Rock it!!!!!!!!!! :) :) 

- Varun 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 9:36 PM

Just bumping up incase anyone is looking for the links to the twitch feeds

RSS