Forums

Help › Forums

*LIVE THIS WEEK* European eTour: Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship event!

Wed, Jan 22 2020 3:11 PM (49 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 11:48 AM

Congratulations to these 8 players that are competing LIVE this week in the European eTour: Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship event!

• birchi (Germany)
    • fmagnets (UK)
    • golfx3 (USA)
    • Herjavimi (Spain)
    • JSmithers (USA)
    • Luked9 (USA)
    • sebicu (Romania)
    • Shefuf (USA)

Watch this Friday (1/17) as they compete in Abu Dhabi for a total purse prize of $10,000 USD.

The event starts at 10:00 AM in Abu Dhabi, so tune in Thursday night (1/16) at 10:00 PM PT (or 1:00 AM ET on 1/17), to see all the action unfold. This event will be streaming live on Twitch, YouTube and Facebook on these channels:

The European eTour: Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship is the first of 5 live events leading up to the Global Finals in Dubai that will feature a $50,000 total prize purse.

There will be more qualifiers to compete for your spot in one of these live events, so be sure to stay tuned for news and updates on those coming up! 

_CHAMPION 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 12:43 PM

Congratulations to all that are going, looks a good field.

WGTChampion:
    There will be more qualifiers to compete for your spot in one of these live events, so be sure to stay tuned for news and updates on those coming up! 

Could you say what the rules are for who goes when one of the group winners does not?  It may make a difference to how high up people try to qualify, or whatever.

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 1:01 PM

DodgyPutter:
    Could you say what the rules are for who goes when one of the group winners does not?  It may make a difference to how high up people try to qualify, or whatever.

Seems that it would be the runner up in each bracket BUT FMags is going despite Birchi winning that bracket and also going? #confused

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 1:11 PM

DampandDusty:

DodgyPutter:

Seems that it would be the runner up in each bracket BUT FMags is going despite Birchi winning that bracket and also going? #confused

Obviously, some who qualified couldn't make the trip.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 2:04 PM

kavvz:
    Obviously, some who qualified couldn't make the trip.

We both realised that, who goes as a replacement was the question.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 2:44 PM

If a qualified player is unavailable we reach out to the runner up in their same bracket. If that player is unavailable, then we reach out to the highest seeded runner up. 

If that player is unavailable then we would reach out to the second highest seeded runner up and so on. 

_CHAMPION 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 2:46 PM

Thank you :-)

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 6:11 PM

This is going to be so much fun.  Cant wait to meet these guys and have a good competition

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 8:35 PM

Champ, 

Not to sound stupid about social media, which I am, and since I am not going to be up at 1 AM ET Thursday, will those links work after the tournament ends?

Figuring 60-90 minutes per game, 3 rounds, it should be over before I wake up so I'm thinking re-runs.

Tom.

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 8:52 PM

jacktrade51:

Champ, 

will those links work after the tournament ends?

...following. I would love to watch a replay on YouTube or something. 

Brett

RSS